+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot - Finally succumbed to it

ot - Finally succumbed to it

No… not to a Season ticket… Covid.!
    I’m sure I’m not the first on here, but as far as I can remember, no ones posted about it. Not too bad symptoms, and getting better, but just wanted to ask anyone who has had it, how long before they tested Negative again?

Hope you get to feel better soon mate , I feel sure at some point many of us will have had covid , "last thing anyone needs" look after yourselves and arr Baz ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m sure I’m not the first on here, but as far as I can remember, no ones posted about it. Not too bad symptoms, and getting better, but just wanted to ask anyone who has had it, how long before they tested Negative again?
    I had it & tested clear 5 days after testing positive which was last february & to be honest I was lucky as it hardly bothered me but my sister caught it about 3 weeks ago & ended up in hospital for a couple of weeks , it is just down to lady luck & of course if you have had your jabs then that is a big help .

Take care Jules , not had it missen , or should I say I haven't known if I have because I find it incredible I've managed if I have managed not to get it given I've worked with so many people who fell to it and must have had it on their last day at work before going off with it .

Hope a short bout for you Jules and your back to full health quickly.

My daughter been really careful from day one was hit with a 10 day Covid time period recently before she was negative, headaches and cough.

Like Shads said above did not bother him much but then his sister ends up in hospital, not good.

Bit of a liquorice allsorts it seems to be.

But like our Godfather Roma said just a matter of time before we all experience it.

Had 3 vaccines and caught it around Cheltenham festival time. Had sore throat for about 24 hours and headache but not much else by way of symtoms. Was negative just about a week later.

Hope you get through it OK

Depends how long you had it before to felt symptoms and felt I’ll but 7-10 days. Can detect longer but you shouldn’t be contagious after that long.

Cheers …. Thought Id done well, we were a massive user of gel (Hand) a lot of years before the pandemic…. Went t’!Egypt years ago and never got a run when everyone else was S**te.

This past month we’ve slacked off with the use, got a bit confident and I’ve been out a bit more as I not working till September. …… I think you can guess who’s getting the blame for bringing it into the house….lol.
    We test regularly as she has to for her work, and I do it to put my mind at rest when I visit mum (84).. think the gel will be coming out again now.

Funny, but I’m certain arr Baz is coughing too. …….

Cheers …. Thought Id done well, we were a massive user of gel (Hand) a lot of years before the pandemic…. Went t’!Egypt years ago and never got a run when everyone else was S**te.

This past month we’ve slacked off with the use, got a bit confident and I’ve been out a bit more as I not working till September. …… I think you can guess who’s getting the blame for bringing it into the house….lol.
    We test regularly as she has to for her work, and I do it to put my mind at rest when I visit mum (84).. think the gel will be coming out again now.

Funny, but I’m certain arr Baz is coughing too. …….
    Reyt - regarding how long does it last - let me tell yer this.
    End of January I had what I thought was a bad cold or virus.
    It put me in bed for 3 days.

About 2 weeks after that I still felt rough so I did a covid test that came back negative.
    This feeling rough (on and off) continued and I kept having the flow test and it was always negative.

It got to May and I thought something was seriously wrong - so I went to the doctors and had a load of test that all came back normal.

The doctor told me I’d probably got long Covid.

I was in and out of bed for months.
    Symptoms:
    Runny nose.
    Headache.
    Ringing in my ears.
    Fatigue.

Gets to beginning of July and I went along to Malton.
    During that few days stay I walked from Helmsley to Rievaulx Abbey - it’s about 3 mile.
    Got in the cafe at Rievaulx and I said to those behind the counter if I want a taxi could you get one to take me back to Helmsley’.
    All my cloths were absolutely drenched in sweat - as tho I’d been laid in a bath.
    Anyway - after a cuppa I decided to walk back.
    When I got back to Helmsley I was unable to drive back to Malton.

From that day - whatever I got suddenly lifted.
    I’m now in the process of trying to get myself something like fit.
    It’s been a tough tough year.

So then ….. you might get rid of the initial symptoms in a week or so.
    But don’t be surprised if you feel like death waarmed up for weeks or even months after.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 11-08-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Av ed it twice. Similar symptoms to cold/flu. Both times it wo gone within a week but it certainly teks it arta thi but that's just me personally. It affects folk differently depending on age, health etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast