+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Hiya Gunt, noisiest set of supporters swaying the ref? If that was true we'd have got promoted last season rather than going down, even with the -21.
    Were you one of those noisy supporters, Madamster? Or like most of the fans on Ramsmad whistling along to Val Doonican's greatest hits?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Were you one of those noisy supporters, Madamster? Or like most of the fans on Ramsmad whistling along to Val Doonican's greatest hits?
    as an expat I was limited to just the 6 games last season, 4 at home and 2 away. Folk say I'm quite vociferous at games and a dodgy voice post match tends to back that view up.

Cheltenham on Sept 24th will be my first game this season and after that I'm hoping to get to an average of a game a month. I fully expect to have a dodgy voice after each and every game.

Great win that

The heat meant we eased off 2nd half and they had to do all the chasing, its an important hang on that resolute early doors

Barnsley will top 6 youd think

Decent win. Looked nailed on to be bigger at half time but they came back well although really Collins should have finished them off.
    Seemed to go a bit wrong after Thomas got Cashin booked via his play acting screams and a shockingly bad referee.
    Thought the back four were excellent, although I do wish they’d stop fannying around in front of goal sometimes. Probably missed Curtis’ cooler head and direction in that situation.
    Special praise for Cashin. Hard to believe he only made his starting debut last February. Seriously strong and brave.
    Still look like they’re getting to know each other and Rosenior looked a very frustrated figure at times but it’s been an encouraging start.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Great win that

The heat meant we eased off 2nd half and they had to do all the chasing, its an important hang on that resolute early doors

Barnsley will top 6 youd think
    Well after two games you have us, Charlton and Barnsley in the playoffs. Not much point playing the rest of the season!!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Is Val Doonican big in Barnsley then? I seem to remember my mum liking him when the world was still all black and white.
    That manager of yours seems to be a bit of a foul mouthed ranter, Gunt. Acted like the whole world was against him from about four minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Well after two games you have us, Charlton and Barnsley in the playoffs. Not much point playing the rest of the season!!
    Right now Id make the top 6

Ipswich
    Sheff Weds
    Barnsley
    Charlton
    Derby
    Peterboro

But it can all change quickly

Sheff Weds and Ipswich do look decent early doors esp though

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Decent win. Looked nailed on to be bigger at half time but they came back well although really Collins should have finished them off.
    Seemed to go a bit wrong after Thomas got Cashin booked via his play acting screams and a shockingly bad referee.
    Thought the back four were excellent, although I do wish they’d stop fannying around in front of goal sometimes. Probably missed Curtis’ cooler head and direction in that situation.
    Special praise for Cashin. Hard to believe he only made his starting debut last February. Seriously strong and brave.
    Still look like they’re getting to know each other and Rosenior looked a very frustrated figure at times but it’s been an encouraging start.
    Thomas was appalling, you dont roll about and do what he did then get up and carry on a few moments later. The ref got it right though despite what most fans thought, you dont have to go off if you are injured in a challenge that sees your opponent carded.

Great 1st half, very nervy 2nd, shame collins didnt finish that chance, if he had think it could have been a 5 nil game.

The good thing i think is that we are showing signs of looking good with so many new players, once they have time to gel we could be really good.

Need a right back though so Knight can play in midfield.

Nice to see Rammie RIP get a minutes applause before the game, latecomers may not have been aware of this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)