+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The right response ….

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I'm sure, he is unfortunately, still daid. And as much as I would LUV to see him in that dugoot screemin' and bawlin' it's no gonnae happen.

Can't blame JR (don't want to) Early days, he hasn't had a real chance yet.

Let's move on ............. Christmas time , as we all know, is a pretty good leveler.
    I think JR takes his fair share as we were too optimistic setting up like that against AZ. Especially when we knew they had to come at us

I do hope JR is kind of manager who learns from this.

The Aussies are now seriously in question as first team options

Unfortunately, I don't think we have it in our locker to be a serious attacking threat that will give Hearts a headache at the weekend and thinking we will bounce back with a strong performance is unlikely. We are still struggling to score goals and our defence looks weaker this season. We need these players to bed in real quick. At this moment in time...I will take a stuffy 1-0 win and get another game under our belt. God help us if we lose an early goal against Hearts as our team looks fragile as **** at the moment and our fan base will be on the backs of the players pretty quickly. I think we need another 3 or 4 games to get up to speed and will likely need another couple of players brought in. August/Sept are gonna be big months for us and Jack Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think JR takes his fair share as we were too optimistic setting up like that against AZ. Especially when we knew they had to come at us

I do hope JR is kind of manager who learns from this.

The Aussies are now seriously in question as first team options
    First, that was the real Alkmar we played tonight and infinitely better than most teams we will play this season! Second it is far too early to be heaping the blame on the Aussies or any of the newer players in the team. Yes i believe JR made some mistakes, but i fully expect him to learn from this and get the team back on the right track.

Sobering, embarrassing and sad. A bad night to be an Arab

Sign Zander Clark tomorrow!

We need another forward we need guys that can run with the ball, we need wingers, our defence is ok at best defend in numbers bails us out, i honestly hope he does a great job, 18 months one way or another ,if he does well he will wont to leave and if he is struggling he's in big trouble, AZ one touch or mostly 2 touch move the ball odd time 3 but in there own half , our half 1 touch move odd 2 touch but always move, us is a comedy show, 2 or 3 touches sidesways back pass forward another few passes again sideways.. that is the first time i was embarassed in a long time , i will say it now and i know i will get shot down in flames, i don't even support united, so i have been told, prob not all to united , weekens away away games trains tickets, etc, but i honeslty think we need go foreign next , the whole world has moved on and we play football out of an outdated manual..

meant money over 45 years , lot thousands pounds following united. but hey ho we can't score, and that's no chaging anytime soon, i never thought i would ever say this Watts p1ssing me of more Harkes is fk... i have no words.

You could see in the 1st game at Tannadice that AZ were a more dynamic team than us going forward. They broke from the back very fast compared with our dogged attempts trying to work the ball up the park. We frequently found ourselves outnumbered and vulnerable.

Last night, we simply caved after they scored, whilst they found their confidence and momentum and put us to the sword.

I felt that AZ were not great defensively. A better team than us would have punished them for some of the fannying around they got away with at the back.
    But, overall, got to admit that they are a class above us and that was more than apparent last night.

We are a new team with a new manager and will, I am sure, find our game and do okay domestically this year.

Being out of Europe could be a blessing in disguise as there is no way we have the quality or depth to sustain any involvement in Europe without our domestic results/form suffering as a result.

The players need to put last night behind them and re-focus on picking up points in the league now.

As a fan, that is what I'm focusing on now.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

Team v Hearts

Eriksson
    Edwards Mulgrew Graham
    Freeman Niskanen
    Levitt Harkes McGrath
    Middleton Fletcher

An embarrassing 7-0 scudding . . . . not a single booking and only 2 fouls conceded in the whole 90 minutes.

That pretty much tells you everything about the "fight" and "pride" in this bunch.

Expect 0 response and steam rollered by Hearts unfortunately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)