+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The right response ….

The right response ….

Horrific night tonight. That should not be shirked

The club, manager and players need to make it their mission to avenge what happened tonight and use it to galvanise us in future

The tactics were wrong in hindsight and some terrible individual errors. Massive gulf in quality

We need to come back stronger and smarter

Southampton lost 9-0 at home to Leicester in premier league. It hurt them. Kept the same manager. Same season they beat Leicester away from home.

Long way to go but this United team have a future

Come on United

First things first - we MUST go back to a back five with Graham, Mulgrew and Edwards in the middle. Even for the next couple of months at least. Stability and grinding out clean sheets is currents priority number one.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    First things first - we MUST go back to a back five with Graham, Mulgrew and Edwards in the middle. Even for the next couple of months at least. Stability and grinding out clean sheets is currents priority number one.
    Absolutely spot on.

It makes you realise the sense in Micky Mellon ultra defensive. And Courts found the best formula last season too for grinding out the results was our back 5

No chance we could go toe to toe with the quality of Alkmaar and that was mistake

We have some good players

The Aussies and Birighitti on crosses were a real concern tonight

I was there at Vitesse Arnhem - 4-0 loss at home

This was early on for this new team

We need to show what we are made of this season

I remember when we took a drubbing at ibrox the same season we lifted the Scottish cup

If we end up winning trophy this year then all will be forgiven and this will be a very positive season.

Then we can have another European rollercoaster next year

you gotta ask yourself...what would Jim McLean do?

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Horrific night tonight. That should not be shirked

The club, manager and players need to make it their mission to avenge what happened tonight and use it to galvanise us in future

The tactics were wrong in hindsight and some terrible individual errors. Massive gulf in quality

We need to come back stronger and smarter

Southampton lost 9-0 at home to Leicester in premier league. It hurt them. Kept the same manager. Same season they beat Leicester away from home.

Long way to go but this United team have a future

Come on United
    I agree bud to be fair we were always heavy odds on to be comprehensively beaten over the two legs. Two 3-0 defeats and it doesn't look quite so bad (still a six goal deficit). Crazy logic I know 🤪. It's how we react to this that counts though. I still think we have a superior team to last year (our finishing league position flattered us hugely). We should be aiming for top six this season. We're not ready for Europe and I don't think any team in Scotland outwith the top 2 (possibly 3, we'll see next week with Hearts) are equiped to compete with most of the adequate European sides........ Och well on the bright side that's less Sunday games for us. Too much Bunnahabhain for me, intake greatly increased after the 3rd goal. Keep the faith. Safe journey home for the boys that travelled, SRYB.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Ask the players to win on Sunday?

Stats say we committed 2 fouls, just shows you that we didn't even get close enough to foul them.

Fine them their match wages.

The players would be scared to enter the dressing room or face the fans after that

Too many not yet / never will be invested in United

Teams lose 6 or 7 to the old firm during the season.

I’d say AZ are better than the ugly sisters

This needs a response over the next weeks and months

We have come a long way since durnan Quinn and murcdoch but we still have a long way to go

The benefit of this is we can see where faults lie - sadly the keeper was very poor at crosses

We need to go back to a back three

We need more defensive cover and a bit of steel in midfield

I'm sure, he is unfortunately, still daid. And as much as I would LUV to see him in that dugoot screemin' and bawlin' it's no gonnae happen.

Can't blame JR (don't want to) Early days, he hasn't had a real chance yet.

Let's move on ............. Christmas time , as we all know, is a pretty good leveler.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)