+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petrol Prices.

Petrol Prices.

Close to me in Chaddesley Corbett the Calow garage is at £1.69.99 for unleaded.

Cheapest I’ve seen anywhere and good on them as a small private garage.

Still 12p to 20p more at garages around Stourbridge and elsewhere and thus £8 to £12 a tank extra for my car, what a rip off.

Cornwall was better value than around here at about £1.72 to £1.74 last week!!

Shop around folks.

Many of the independents have tended to offer a lower price whilst the profiteering big boys such as Shell BP etc are still clinging on to the £1.80s.

Still only about 60 dollars to fill up a large car in the USA. The revenue from the extra taxation in the U.K. must be bringing in millions! I bet Sunak has lots of shares in the likes of BP, Shell etc!

So many volunteers now thinking f uck it as petrol is too much to fund. So helping the elderly, delivering prescriptions, working in charity shops will suffer! Can’t blame anyone for taking this stance!

Probably better to fit an updated fuel gauge

Name:  FZ48pGuXgAALyfz.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  8.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Many of the independents have tended to offer a lower price whilst the profiteering big boys such as Shell BP etc are still clinging on to the £1.80s.
    Also up until earlier this week the supermarkets kept their prices high to try and off- set lowering some of their food prices, there has now been roughly a 10p per litre cut by pretty much all of them on Petrol, Diesel prices will remain higher for the foreseeable future due to availability.

W e were at about €2.20 per liter a few weeks back. Some are charging around €2.00 now but the price is still high due to the oil being priced in dollars.
    I think both Stirling and Euro have fallen against Dollar.
    Last year when oil was around €60 per barrel the € was buying around $1.50. Now it's around parity.

Recent RAC report claims the average price amongst big 4 supermarkets (the others don't generally have PFSs) was £1.74 whereas lowering wholesale prices should make that around £1.62. The problem is that supermarkets are struggling too as profit margins in FMCG has always been tight and they are facing increasing costs from suppliers combined with people buying less goods because of the financial crisis. More people use online delivery since the pandemic but obviously the profits on this are lower still. Tesco makes better profits but then that's because they have fingers in other pies aside from core grocery lines but most are looking at cost cutting at the moment including reducing staff levels and keeping wages down.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Close to me in Chaddesley Corbett the Calow garage is at £1.69.99 for unleaded.

Cheapest I’ve seen anywhere and good on them as a small private garage.

Still 12p to 20p more at garages around Stourbridge and elsewhere and thus £8 to £12 a tank extra for my car, what a rip off.

Cornwall was better value than around here at about £1.72 to £1.74 last week!!

Shop around folks.
    Your local garage always has the cheapest petrol in the area, just goes to show how an independent can undercut the big boys!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Probably better to fit an updated fuel gauge

Name:  FZ48pGuXgAALyfz.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  8.0 KB

https://www.petrolprices.com/

Apps for Apple n android too

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)