+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bbc daily gossip column is pathetic

Bbc daily gossip column is pathetic

Over my daily coffee morning I peruse the news back home. Its painful.

I go over to sport page check the gossip page. NUFC are barely mentioned, when we are mentioned it's how how a player is not interested in signing or wants UCL football or some other mocking story how we are up against Man U so we have no chance... whhhhy would anyone choose us over those guys.

What a joke

I reckon they dont quite know what to make of us yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I reckon they dont quite know what to make of us yet.
    This for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    This for sure
    The quicker they learn then the better for them.

It didn't take long following K.K's coming, to save us from the drop from the Fizzy, for the press to title us, outside this area, "everyone's favourite second team"

Over my usual morning Gin & Tonic, I find it quite calming that the club is in such a good state right now that I'm not even that fussed with reading rubbish transfer rumours in the paper.

What will come, will come. And I know that we will bring a couple of decent players in by the end of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The quicker they learn then the better for them.

It didn't take long following K.K's coming, to save us from the drop from the Fizzy, for the press to title us, outside this area, "everyone's favourite second team"
    Eddie's press conference from this morning is worth a watch. He's been doing presentations about the history of the club and ex-players to educate the players, wouldn't get drawn into naming which players but i'm guessing Milburn, Shearer, Supermac, Beardsley, Tino etc

Would love to be a fly on the wall during those talks. Hopefully they recorded it....lots of clubs do documentary type things and history is in the making since the takeover

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And I know that we will bring a couple of decent players in by the end of the window.
    Eddie seemed to indicate today that midfield isn't a priority which makes me think a striker is. Nothing is close though but he said maybe in a week we'll have a new signing
    Last edited by Alberts__Lob; 12-08-2022 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Eddie's press conference from this morning is worth a watch. He's been doing presentations about the history of the club and ex-players to educate the players, wouldn't get drawn into naming which players but i'm guessing Milburn, Shearer, Supermac, Beardsley, Tino etc
    r
    That is great to hear. It’ll make the players understand how we think a lot better.

I'm not sure which is more concerning-the lack of transfer gossip or the news that Hughie has a morning g&t. 😁

The lack of transfer gossip is not a concern because many deals go under the radar of the press. I’m not so sure about the G and T. It all depends on the time. If it’s before 11am there is definite cause for concern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)