+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Southampton

Southampton

Just me or is everyone else both excited but super nervous to see how we go.

Another 3 points and we would be a sixth of the way to the likely points needed to stay up after 2 games.

Want to see how Dan James and Aaronson work together as a pressing nightmare for the other team. James’s pace on the press could be invaluable in the system.

I think the trip to the south coast will be an indicator for the rest of the season, in the past we havn't travelled well; love a win but happy with a draw. I hope the lads are flying because trian and road travel at the moment is a nightmare

Just don't give ward prowse any stupid freekicks and we'll be ok.

I reckon it will be a tougher game than most imagine, The heat will be horrible, so I expect a few late goals, Saints will be smarting from last weeks hiding, and they will also be anoyed at the press this week writing them off - hope we scrape the three points though, but so long as we don't lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I reckon it will be a tougher game than most imagine, The heat will be horrible, so I expect a few late goals, Saints will be smarting from last weeks hiding, and they will also be anoyed at the press this week writing them off - hope we scrape the three points though, but so long as we don't lose...
    Just watching the end of the Villa/Everton game, one or two of them knackered; key today will be the timing of the subs; you need to be really fit to do a full 90 plus in this heat

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Just watching the end of the Villa/Everton game, one or two of them knackered; key today will be the timing of the subs; you need to be really fit to do a full 90 plus in this heat
    How prophetic!
    Subs - or should I say lack of them - cost us three points today.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)