+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airdrie

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Stuck to the task after losing a goal when keeper Currie spilled a free - kick resulting in a tap in. Todd and McKechnie made a difference after being introduced from the bench and Queens dominated the last quarter of the game but could not score a winner. Nice to see cult hero big Whoosh - Dougie Mills - at the game. -
    Diabolical in the first half but changes with the addition of Todd and McKechnie made the difference and a draw was certainly deserved.

Think it's safe to say we aren't going to be dominating this division with the current squad.
    Ok it was technically a good result today against a team flying but the fact is we should be a lot better if we are targeting the top end of the table.

Can anyone explain the formation in the first half?,. Second question : was the pitch watered prior to kick off ,. It definitely was not at half-time.

I think that peoples expectations may be pitched too high. From what I have seen with Clyde and Airdrie these are decent teams that should not be taken lightly and I am sure that they look on the likes of the relegated teams as being arrogant with players names on the the backs of their shirts and think that they have a point to make so are very much up for games from the start.
    We need to match their passion as well as endeavour otherwise we will be over run from the start and use our strengths with passing and moving rather than the pumping of high balls as happened today in the first half as well as matching the oppositions efforts.
    We do miss Connolly especially with his interplay with Paton and if Todd can remain fit then we cam make a bid to get to the playoffs but the jury is most certainly out on Harry Cochrane as he seems to lightweight, lacking effort and has a tendency to play square rather than penetrating balls to the forwards.

In League One & Two I think there is the option whether to have their names on the shirts or not. I wonder if Dunfermline still have their names on their shirts...

To be fair to Currie, he didn't let that mistake get to him and had a very good save with his legs after it. McKechnie gave us the boost we needed after a poor first half. He immediately started running at the Airdrie defence with great pace , commiting defenders to challenge him and give away free kicks . I started to see the different pieces of the jigsaw cone together in the second half and think we will win next week and kick on

The pitch was watered before the game for
    certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I think that peoples expectations may be pitched too high. From what I have seen with Clyde and Airdrie these are decent teams that should not be taken lightly and I am sure that they look on the likes of the relegated teams as being arrogant with players names on the the backs of their shirts and think that they have a point to make so are very much up for games from the start.
    We need to match their passion as well as endeavour otherwise we will be over run from the start and use our strengths with passing and moving rather than the pumping of high balls as happened today in the first half as well as matching the oppositions efforts.
    We do miss Connolly especially with his interplay with Paton and if Todd can remain fit then we cam make a bid to get to the playoffs but the jury is most certainly out on Harry Cochrane as he seems to lightweight, lacking effort and has a tendency to play square rather than penetrating balls to the forwards.
    We're 3 games in, no win and can only just about compete at best.
    Of course expectations are high. They should be. We're a relegated team with the intent on getting straight back up (apparently)

Look at our fellow relegated buddies Dunfermline. Top of the pile and bang on track. We're sitting 8th. It's pretty
    Shambolic but we're so used to it we just become immune to disappointment and underachieving.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We're 3 games in, no win and can only just about compete at best.
    Of course expectations are high. They should be. We're a relegated team with the intent on getting straight back up (apparently)

Look at our fellow relegated buddies Dunfermline. Top of the pile and bang on track. We're sitting 8th. It's pretty
    Shambolic but we're so used to it we just become immune to disappointment and underachieving.
    As you say we do are three games in so still plenty of time to get wins on the board but it really does need to start happening soon. We have a decent squad and with nearly all fit it's time to see the best of them, get be a settled formation and stick with it if successful

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    To be fair to Currie, he didn't let that mistake get to him and had a very good save with his legs after it. McKechnie gave us the boost we needed after a poor first half. He immediately started running at the Airdrie defence with great pace , commiting defenders to challenge him and give away free kicks . I started to see the different pieces of the jigsaw cone together in the second half and think we will win next week and kick on
    Interesting report on the game and Currie's faux pas in the Sunday Mail

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)