+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barca

Barca

A lot of what they are doing at the moment seems to echo how we got into trouble under sweet shop Peter.

They are securitising future revenue, selling physical assets and still despite huge debts buying in more and more players for big sums of money and on big wages.

The debt doesn’t seem to be coming down in a significant way but in the seasons to come they won’t have room for manoeuvre due to what they are doing now.

They also owe de Jong some astronomical sum in deferred COVID wages and yet are allowed to sign players - mental.

They sold a further 100M of TV Studio assets in their bid register all their big signings in time for today's deadline.

If they don't have the dosh, the players become free agents, talk about leaving it late

Seems to me like a chairman trying to make himself Mr popular by selling off any future revenue they have for a quick turn back to the glory days.

Not often I say it as often I feel for fans of a club, but I really hope it goes completely wrong for them and they go bust, they are a parasitic and disgusting club and their fans are just as bad, deluded, entitled and arrogant.

It is wrong how easily they're getting away with gaming the system and my only hope is that it goes wrong and we see likes of Raphinha having to be sold as they get dumped to the third division

Agree Joel, It’s mainly this club and 1 or 6 others who push up transfer and agent fees, wages and then demand more from the pie because they are not making enough. Their as greedy as the other so called top teams nothing special about this club anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Agree Joel, It’s mainly this club and 1 or 6 others who push up transfer and agent fees, wages and then demand more from the pie because they are not making enough. Their as greedy as the other so called top teams nothing special about this club anymore.
    Barca and Real Madrid do see to believe that different rules apply to them - no surprise they are both key supporters of the euro super league.

With you Joel that would be nice if they get the fall that their behaviour deserves.

And after last night's draw with vallecano, xavi says they need more signings!!!

They are supposed to be after Silva from City - how many attacking players do they actually need?!?

Have we been paid yet for Rapha?

what happens if we don't get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Have we been paid yet for Rapha?

what happens if we don't get paid?
    Nope - money due on 2/9 I think and if they don’t pay we get an extra 10m but no doubt will have to sue them - Radz talked about it in his Phil Hay interview

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Nope - money due on 2/9 I think and if they don’t pay we get an extra 10m but no doubt will have to sue them - Radz talked about it in his Phil Hay interview
    So if they don’t have 50 mil or whatever the figure was, where do they get another 10 mil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)