+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It never lets us down.

Cool It never lets us down.

The Gawthorpe Black Hole has done it's job again, it sucked in Waqas Azam and blew him out into non-league football, he's now arrived at Clitheroe from Ashton United. We've also signed Lewis Richmond, he was in the Burnley FC in the Community set up, which I think is different altogether, so he can't really claim to be a Black Holer.

If talented kids like Thomas and Richardson are not getting a sniff sinkov, I really don't see the point of the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If talented kids like Thomas and Richardson are not getting a sniff sinkov, I really don't see the point of the academy.
    We've agreed on this one before mon ami, a massive waste of space, time and money.

Just on Lewis, our club website is saying he is a product of the Burnley FC Academy, so maybe we have two Black Holers. Do you have any info on young Lewis BT, whether he was one of our scholars or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We've agreed on this one before mon ami, a massive waste of space, time and money.

Just on Lewis, our club website is saying he is a product of the Burnley FC Academy, so maybe we have two Black Holers. Do you have any info on young Lewis BT, whether he was one of our scholars or not.
    I'm going off memory now sinkov. He came to us when he was a boy of 8. He's been right through the U-16's - the lot. Injuries seem to have hampered his development but I recall he was called into the first team set-up aged 16.

For whatever reason he is going backwards.

I'm going off memory now sinkov. He came to us when he was a boy of 8. He's been right through the U-16's - the lot. Injuries seem to have hampered his development but I recall he was called into the first team set-up aged 16.

For whatever reason he is going backwards.
    I can't find much on him, all I know is he's been playing for college teams in the USA. Can't say I'm over impressed with what I've seen, he's on the small side and seems a yard short of pace to me. But those that know about these things at Clitheroe FC obviously disagree, so what do I know ?

Waqas, no problem, well up to the standard we want, he'll do a job for us. Versatile as well, first game he played as a trialist he was right-back first half, left side midfield second half, competent in both positions. Praise to the Black Hole, the gift that keeps on giving. For Clitheroe FC anyway.
    Last edited by sinkov; 12-08-2022 at 01:49 PM.

I have a feeling that you two are discussing different players called Lewis, I could be wrong!

Whether it is a waste of money or not, Brentford have re-opened their Academy which has been closed since 2016 because of the new ruling coming in:- All top-flight clubs must have academy for 2024-25.

The obvious answer is to stay out of the Premier League and save loads of money.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can't find much on him, all I know is he's been playing for college teams in the USA. Can't say I'm over impressed with what I've seen, he's on the small side and seems a yard short of pace to me. But those that know about these things at Clitheroe FC obviously disagree, so what do I know ?

Waqas, no problem, well up to the standard we want, he'll do a job for us. Versatile as well, first game he played as a trialist he was right-back first half, left side midfield second half, competent in both positions. Praise to the Black Hole, the gift that keeps on giving. For Clitheroe FC anyway.
    Sorry sinkov I was discussing Richardson. Apologies mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I have a feeling that you two are discussing different players called Lewis, I could be wrong!
    Right as usual Sub, a Tale of Two Lewis's.

Sorry sinkov I was discussing Richardson. Apologies mon ami.
    No worries mon ami, I'm sure the Clitheroe website is wrong, our Lewis was not an Academy player, he played for the Community Shadow Youth Team.

For all the boys joining a pro academy at 9 years old, 0.5% will make even a career out of football. Thats the players already in a pro academy. Now if you take the 1.5 million youth players currently playing in England, only 180 will develop and play in the Premier League. That is a 0.012% chance of making it.

Statistics for making it a very very small , however one diamond find and everything was worth while

I have a mutual friend who’s son is at Man City now and clubs were chasing him for years
    Alfie Harrison ( he’s the next Lionel Messi I’m told and he looks it as well ) think he’s 16 now - check him out on you tube - ( used to play Bingley juniors as a small boy - even then was a genius )

Special footballer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)