+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It never lets us down.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    For all the boys joining a pro academy at 9 years old, 0.5% will make even a career out of football. Thats the players already in a pro academy. Now if you take the 1.5 million youth players currently playing in England, only 180 will develop and play in the Premier League. That is a 0.012% chance of making it.

Statistics for making it a very very small , however one diamond find and everything was worth while

I have a mutual friend who’s son is at Man City now and clubs were chasing him for years
    Alfie Harrison ( he’s the next Lionel Messi I’m told and he looks it as well ) think he’s 16 now - check him out on you tube - ( used to play Bingley juniors as a small boy - even then was a genius )

Special footballer.
    Good luck to the lad Army, I'll be looking out for him. Even being a genius at 16 offers no guarantees though, although he must have more chance than your average, run of the mill, 16 year old academy player obviously. Have a look at this, the successful England U16s from 7 years ago. Mason Mount made it into the full England team, 4 others I'm aware of, of the rest, no idea.

https://archive.ph/20150408220438/ht...lor-crossdale-

"It never let's us down"

Apologies, I've only just noticed this in the thread title, what on earth is the apostrophe doing between the 't' and 's' ? I have no idea, and me a Grammar School boy as well, this is why Sub got loads of A levels and I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "It never let's us down"

Apologies, I've only just noticed this in the thread title, what on earth is the apostrophe doing between the 't' and 's' ? I have no idea, and me a Grammar School boy as well, this is why Sub got loads of A levels and I didn't.
    Haha. I also learned not to be overcritical of mistakes in grammar and punctuation, we are only human and the only person who did not make a mistake never did anything in the first place. AGSOB Rule!

"It never let's us down"

I'm far too courteous a person to mention bad punctuation from ex-grammar school pupils mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm far too courteous a person to mention bad punctuation from ex-grammar school pupils mon ami.
    Oh no you're not, which is why I think you didn't notice it either.

Nevertheless mon ami I am distraught, I only have the one O level, English Language, it's my only qualification, my one claim to fame, the sole result of 5 long years of study at Accy Grammar, and I do that. I feel worse than Maxwell Cornet did after missing that penalty at West Ham.

Oh no you're not, which is why I think you didn't notice it either.

Nevertheless mon ami I am distraught, I only have the one O level, English Language, it's my only qualification, my one claim to fame, the sole result of 5 long years of study at Accy Grammar, and I do that. I feel worse than Maxwell Cornet did after missing that penalty at West Ham.
    Stop thee mithering.

"It never let's us down"

If I didn’t know better sinkov I could imagine you put that aberrant apostrophe in there deliberately just so you could catch yourself out with a shout of “Well spotted Pike!” If you start to chuck in some should ofs I will definitely know something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    If I didn’t know better sinkov I could imagine you put that aberrant apostrophe in there deliberately just so you could catch yourself out with a shout of “Well spotted Pike!” If you start to chuck in some should ofs I will definitely know something is up.
    Not got round to the 'ofs' yet Outwood, but I do like the occasional 'As he signed yet ?

I believe he’s signed Pro Contracts this last week or two Sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I believe he’s signed Pro Contracts this last week or two Sinkov.
    You can make it at City army, if you're good enough, Foden has proved that, so you can only wish him well. The competition must be intense though, but it's not the end of the world if you don't make it there either, Mee and Trippier have proved that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)