Prime Minister Liz Truss

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Prime Minister Liz Truss

If Labour can't win a General Election now, they never will

"they never will"

How very true

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Prime Minister Liz Truss

Nae yet min, she hasn't " kissed hands" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    If Labour can't win a General Election now, they never will
    The smart move would to be shake the magic money tree, give it to the plebs & call a snap election. This would completely outmaneuver her own party that hate her, the Labour Party for sticking up for the working class while Sir Kieth does nothing & the SNP by using the financial might of the broad shoulders of the UK.

She wont though, on account that she's thick as f*ck.

Depends who she surrounds herself with.

In theory the Queen can pick anybody she wants to be PM.

Hopefully she slashes all the hand outs, Gets rid of most of the NHS pen pushers and tells the junkies and other wasters to get a job or starve.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I've been a "freedom for Scotland " fan since school.
    I'm not a joiner inner though so I've never joined the SNP

My first real political disappointment was when we voted against the Scottish Parliament the first time.
    Yes, slightly more people voted for but basically 33% voted for, 33% voted against and 33% couldn't be bothered voting at all.

I think the third group annoyed me more than the second.

I had very little expectation of winning the last independence vote, but against my better judgement I allowed myself to get carried away over the last couple of days.
    Utter utter disappointment followed, this was our big chance, if we didn't do it then, then I don't believe we ever will.

Strangely enough, I didn't have a vote in either election.

1/ It has to be the SNP but not with Sturgeon, she's severely disliked in the North East, that's a lot of votes.
    Moreover there is not a chance in hell of us voting for independence until the English rejoin the European single market.
    The threats of closing the border to trade will hit home and Scots are too easily threatened.
    Those that aren't threatened will be bribed as has always been the case.
    It's not time, if she gets a referendum she will lose.

2/ If by inclusive, you mean pretending a man can turn into a woman then that's basing it on an obvious lie that people will vote against.
    If by inclusive, you mean accepting that some men would prefer to be female then I think we're there already, it's the pushing of the obvious lie that threatens to lose all the gains made in inclusivity.
    Whether Scotland would turn out to be an egalitarian society, then that's doubtful too.
    It's nice to think it would be, it certainly has more chance of being than the English.
    Unfortunately I cannot see it.
    Greed, more at the bottom than the top would be our undoing.

Anyway, I would love to see Scotland as a full member of the EU, making our own way in the world, free of the English.
    It'll not going to happen though, not for a fair while yet.

Once they crawl back into the Europe Single Market though.......bring it on.
    I don't now if she's (Sturgeon) particularly disliked in the NE mind you the NE has possibly the highest % of incomers... Unionists by default so suppose you have a point, But you are spot on She is not the one to lead Scotland to Independence far to fond of her personal power and gender politics is very much her priority, And she enjoys playing the WM game. If you read Scottish history you will realise that in all the major struggles in the fight for freedom, Scotlands leaders had to first defeat the Scots traitors before they took on the English.
    We are in that position now with the leadership of the SNP. I'd have Joanna Cherry any day of the week,

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast