+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz Truss

That concession makes **** all difference in the big scheme of things. The original big picture straight-faced tax cuts were to the tune of £45bn. This climb-down means that it’s only £43bn. I’m not sure how that equates to a number of FMEL ferries, though.

Thieves, incompetents, and lazy *******s everywhere.

Bring down the government, it don’t speak for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    So they are not going ahead with the drop in the top rate of tax after all their spin last week about how good it was for the economy.

C unts each and every one of them, from the ones in power to the ones that vote for them.
    quos deus vult perdere prius dementat !

It does look a bit of a shambles doesn't it.

Her main problem is that she just doesn't have the time to be that unpopular straight off.

57 is correct in that it's superficial, folk just like to think that the richest are being walloped for tax.
    Truss is correct in that it would probably have brought more money in than it cost.

She couldn't afford to be ousted a matter of days after coming to power so she is going to have to play a slightly longer game.
    She hasn't really got any competition in a wishy washy mealie mouthed Labour Party so expect a big build up to a tax cutting election program.

Brexit is a complete disaster, it's their only possible way forward, the wets have held her back, they won't be forgiven.

This of course is all happening in a foreign country, if only Scots weren't so cowardly.

Edit: Estate agents in Berwick will be raging. So much recent interest from Edinburgh based bankers.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 03-10-2022 at 02:12 PM.

It’s like people who now express relief that diesel is ‘back to £1.757/litre’ (£7.82/gallon in Proper Mannies’ calculation) forgetting that the manky profiteers, encouraged by a laissez-faire, market-trusting government, were coining it at £1.496/litre (£6.66 PMC) only 9 months ago.

The ****ing gullibility of The Man/Woman/Other on the Clapham/Clatt omnibus, that these robbers and tricksters are shot through with altruism and benignity, never ceases to mesmerise me.

It's always been such but it does seem to be getting worse.

Increased chocolate ration ala 1984.

Not a word about the money spent on queenie's elaborate funeral or the complete lack of inheritance tax that has to be paid by Charlie the weird.

But then, they were " born to reign over us" as sung with gusto at the Labour Party conference.

Interview with a punter just now on Channel 4 news.

" I think we should get Boris back, I know he's a bit of an idiot like but....."

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

" I think we should get Boris back, I know he's a bit of an idiot like but....."
    I used to think it was politicians that had been dumbed down in the last 20 years but it looks like it is voters as well

"as well"?

It's enough to put you off of democracy.

Either way it's English politics.

Personally I believe that Liz Truss is the best choice for England, I think holding her back is a major mistake for them.

THEM you understand, let the b'astards starve.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 03-10-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Operation - Return of the fμckwit, gathers pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Operation - Return of the fμckwit, gathers pace.
    You know DandD I've heard this punted in other places and thought... Naw min dinna be say daft.. twice bitten inat.

But I also remember saying a few years back ...Whit ! Trump for President and Boris for PM oh ma hoorin sides !!! But alas. So the Return of the fμckwit, is v possible in these crazy phucked up Islands.

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast