+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz Truss

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Here's a thing. If Liz Truss can tough it out for another 3/4 weeks she will be entitled to £115.000 pa for the rest of her life ! that's on top of her ex PM pension. It's called The Public Duty Cost Allowance. Apparently it was introduced by the Tories who felt sorry for Thatchers financial plight after they dumped her,
    I wouldn't have an issue with this IF that's all they did when out of office. I wouldn't stop them from doing after dinner speeches, but I would certainly limit the organisations and businesses they could do them for. I'd probably apply the same rul to ministerial roles too, although difficult at this moment due to the Andy Warhol approach to ministerial roles within the current Government.

Thing is though, how do they survive of £115k a year? Wouldn't buy them much Foie Gras nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I wouldn't think there were that many on here who would buy into a narrative like that.
    Even though, given the history of city living, minkers should get just as much as it takes to stop them breaking into your house.

Watching minkers with SKY TV and the latest mobile phones taking taxis everywhere is a tad annoying to people trying to make ends meet.

Minkers are among the worst type of capitalist, they'd rip you off as soon as look at you.

Minker b@astards.
    No offence min, but I would say you were one of the main ones on here who buy into the poor are to blame narrative.

Sky isn't really a thing nowadays, it's all about the streaming.

Having been unemployed in the past and having had to sign on, which I had no shame in doing, I have a respect for anyone who can play those b@astards for anything extra they can get.

I wouldn't think there were that many on here who would buy into a narrative like that.
    Even though, given the history of city living, minkers should get just as much as it takes to stop them breaking into your house.

Watching minkers with SKY TV and the latest mobile phones taking taxis everywhere is a tad annoying to people trying to make ends meet.

Minkers are among the worst type of capitalist, they'd rip you off as soon as look at you.

Minker b@astards.
    How does that work then?
    I keep hearing these stories about folk living the life of Riley while on the broo ( what's the name for unemployment benefit now?) and have known a few folk out of work relying on it.
    They've certainly been forced into a frugal enough existence.
    Are there extra benefits, beyond the basic, folk can get for Sky, mobiles, taxis etc.?
    I genuinely have no idea how it works but I do hear the tabloid bell-cows about "scroungers".
    Not a clue how they pull it off though?

Minker b@astards.
    Never sure if your being serious or not DD. If indeed you are serious about this I have to say your just plain wrong ! Life on Benefits is a hard gig for most, And Daily Mail esk and Benefit high living p0rn on the like of Ch5 just inflames views like the one above, I have worked with benefit claimants and believe me its no life of riley,

Yours Daniel Blake xx

Since I couldn't afford the game tonight. I have BBC news on (booooooo) and be lucky if Truss sees the weekout.

What a ucking shambles. Even long in the tooth constituency Tory MP talking to the beeb really hacked off.

If he wasn't dead I'd be convinced Jeremy Beadle is going to rip off a beard and tell us all we've been game for a laugh.

What happened to the consevative party's men in grey suits? Do those guys still exist?

Maybe men in white coats would be more appropriate

Sounds like the carry on at Westminster was more entertaining than the second half at Pittodrie.

....and lads, it's minkers I'm talking about. Not folk who find themselves temporarily unemployed.

Police will not investigate the business affairs of Tory Party chairman Grant Shapps – even though advisors concluded one of his companies may have been guilty of an ‘offence of fraud’. ... This is now Your Home secretary in charge of law and order.

https://www.bloggerheads.com/archive...t-shapps-liar/

It may have happened a couple of years ago but there is loads of evidence Shapps is Michael Green thief and fraudster.

Suella Deville is supposed to be making a speech in the house today that is not going to be flattering to Truss. Might be her Geoffrey Howe moment.
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least if another cabinet minister resigns today.

I've been politically minded all my life.

I remember paying attention when it was Harold Wilson and Ted Heath

I don't think I remember anything like this carry on though.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast