+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz Truss

I know what he thinks because it’s written further up. He thinks someone born in Irvine is a weegie because it’s in the central belt. It’s b0llocks on two counts

Good morning weirdo
    Which particular politically correct bandwagon are you going to be on today?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Good morning weirdo
    Which particular politically correct bandwagon are you going to be on today?
    Good morning ya senile old goat, what you up to today? Hanging about bogs making sure everyone’s going to the right one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I know what he thinks because it’s written further up. He thinks someone born in Irvine is a weegie because it’s in the central belt. It’s b0llocks on two counts
    A Weegie is a native or inhabitant of Glasgow. She’s a Weegie in pretty much all respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    A Weegie is a native or inhabitant of Glasgow. She’s a Weegie in pretty much all respects.
    What is it you think ‘Weegie’ is short for?

If I moved to Aberdeen for work, I wouldn’t suddenly become Aberdonian. I kind of respect you still carrying on with this argument, despite knowing yourself it’s utter pish.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    How many f'uckin times?

I don't give a flying f'uck about toilets.

The women do though.

Of course, normally, you are the leading crusader for everything feminine.
    Bringing us back to the original argument.

Sturgeon is criticised, you cant stand the thought of anyone not agreeing with you so you call Shetland Don a Hun.

Of course, he only criticised her because she's a woman didn't he?
    I expect you to grant Liz Truss the same courtesy.

It's always the same with you, flying into a rage, making things up as you go along.

My comment was sheer fact as I see it in the North East.
    The woman is hated, if she really wants independence then she's going to have to step down.
    DD.
    The debate always goes a bit weird between you and Mason, fine and dandy, I'll leave the two of you to work out the unresolved ***ual tension.
    But, I glean that you, like me, now believe that Scotland, and the people thereof, would be better served as an independent nation.

I came to independence as a concept relatively late, a combo of the Blair administration and the Liberals' abhorrent coalition with Trish drove me to it.
    I have no emotional buy-in with the SNP, beyond as a tactical means to an end.
    I have two questions for you -
    1) I believe Scotland's best path towards independence comes on the back of a Scottish government led by the SNP, with Sturgeon as FM (for a variety of reasons......happy to elaborate) you patently disagree. What model do you see as potentially successful?

2) I see a further element of a successful road to independence being an incumbent Scottish government espousing inclusive policies, with which you seem to disagree. What leads you to believe that a more reactionary approach will yield independence any more effectively?

I got timed out
    Last edited by donsdaft; 16-08-2022 at 10:54 PM.

I've been a "freedom for Scotland " fan since school.
    I'm not a joiner inner though so I've never joined the SNP

My first real political disappointment was when we voted against the Scottish Parliament the first time.
    Yes, slightly more people voted for but basically 33% voted for, 33% voted against and 33% couldn't be bothered voting at all.

I think the third group annoyed me more than the second.

I had very little expectation of winning the last independence vote, but against my better judgement I allowed myself to get carried away over the last couple of days.
    Utter utter disappointment followed, this was our big chance, if we didn't do it then, then I don't believe we ever will.

Strangely enough, I didn't have a vote in either election.

1/ It has to be the SNP but not with Sturgeon, she's severely disliked in the North East, that's a lot of votes.
    Moreover there is not a chance in hell of us voting for independence until the English rejoin the European single market.
    The threats of closing the border to trade will hit home and Scots are too easily threatened.
    Those that aren't threatened will be bribed as has always been the case.
    It's not time, if she gets a referendum she will lose.

2/ If by inclusive, you mean pretending a man can turn into a woman then that's basing it on an obvious lie that people will vote against.
    If by inclusive, you mean accepting that some men would prefer to be female then I think we're there already, it's the pushing of the obvious lie that threatens to lose all the gains made in inclusivity.
    Whether Scotland would turn out to be an egalitarian society, then that's doubtful too.
    It's nice to think it would be, it certainly has more chance of being than the English.
    Unfortunately I cannot see it.
    Greed, more at the bottom than the top would be our undoing.

Anyway, I would love to see Scotland as a full member of the EU, making our own way in the world, free of the English.
    It'll not going to happen though, not for a fair while yet.

Once they crawl back into the Europe Single Market though.......bring it on.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 16-08-2022 at 10:58 PM.

Spokesperson for the whole of the North East as well as every woman. You’re keeping busy. She has always been fairly popular in the polls, even outwith the SNP. Despised by turbo unionists & the Alba weirdos but she can’t do much about that.

Who in the SNP would be acceptable to the voters of the North East?

I have a shop, I speak to a lot of people.
    I speak for me, there’s a difference.
    Did Alex Salmond shag your wife or something?

His day is past, but he’s been the finest politician of our generation.

The parliament may well be in Edinburgh, but it’s rule from Glasgow that worries the north east.
    It’ll take someone far less weegie minded than Sturgeon to allay those fears.

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast