+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby v Barnsley match thoughts

Derby v Barnsley match thoughts

Well it's a League One fixture that doesn't feel like a League One fixture .

Probably going to be close on 30k in the stadium tomorrow afternoon .

Good time to play Derby in my opinion , more or less a new squad assembled give or take and contains some vastly experienced players like Hourihane , Chester and James Collins .

Watched them in a pre season friendly against Leicester the week before the season began .

They like to pass it and play out from the back which is fine if you can do it well but it gives the opposition opportunities if you don't do it so well .

Whether the heat will take the sting out of our press I don't know , possibly .

Bit of brains required tomorrow for me , keep it tight and frustrate Derby would be my play , that big crowd can soon work against the home team .

Can't help feeling that their experience will tell. Bit of brains required as Animal sez but they edge us out 1-0 in my opinion. Ad tekka point nar.

It might be a better time to surprise them, as opposed to when we visited them there last season.
    Its been a good week for us and the confidence is starting to show a bit, both in the players and the fans.
    I think we'll lose this one tomorrow, but what with the cup win and the Leeds tie up soon, and telling Hex to sod off lol, its been a decent week for us. 😀

It's a strong looking squad Derby have , some good experienced /quality player's capable of playing Championship football and my tip to win this league, weather could be a big factor /use of subs , a point would be good ,

On evidence of the last week - my preferred line up.

Collins
    McCarthy - Mads - Kichen
    Williams - Benson - Luca - Styles
    Thomas - Norwood - Aitchison

Score - 1-2
    Star player - Aitchison

Agree that it's probably a good time to be playing Derby away early season. They have on paper made some good signings but being early season, so hopefully they will still be searching for their best formation and gelling together with a new squad - let's hope this is the case!

3 points please Lads!

If anyone is watching on EFL HUB F/S, Click on the Derby site , its biased ? But better coverage than our own , this applies to most of our away games i find ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    If anyone is watching on EFL HUB F/S, Click on the Derby site , its biased ? But better coverage than our own , this applies to most of our away games i find ,
    Rams tv I believe Roma , decent from what I watched the other week when they played Leicester pre season .

There's only so much Matt Bailey I can stomach too mate .

Name:  98C53825-3151-4E85-A3E3-95B229943FB4.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  14.6 KB

Subs: Walton (GK), Cundy, Oduor, Wolfe, Hondermarck, Marsh, Cole.

Playing in Red !

Iseka missing again.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 13-08-2022 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Iseka

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  98C53825-3151-4E85-A3E3-95B229943FB4.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  14.6 KB

Subs: Walton (GK), Cundy, Oduor, Wolfe, Hondermarck, Marsh, Cole.

Playing in Red !
    Happy enough with that .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast