+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derby v Barnsley match thoughts

By far the better side this second half

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    By far the better side this second half
    Lost internet connection at start of match.
    So really peeeeeeddddd off.

Looked on here and BBS during the 1st Half and it sounds dreadful - a comedy of errors.
    And now - just been talking to someone and they said we’ve been brilliantly in the last 30 minutes.
    Which is great to hear.

Only difference was Collins had a bit of a mare, swatting at flies for the first and that was a few minutes where he tried playing out of the box and was lucky to get away with it. Second goal as good as it was stuck but for me he made a pathetic attempt at it.

Two halves as different as chalk and cheese.
    First half very much back to last season gifted them a goal.
    Second half by far the better side but missed two golden opportunities.
    Nothing special Derby but we just have to stop gifting.
    Oh, Cole, March and Odour did well when they came in.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 13-08-2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Oh

Nothing to take from that game that we didn't know already .

The lads put a shift in , we are susceptible to defensive errors and we don't carry much of a goal threat .

Some nice football played in the middle of the park with Benson outstanding .

Very much a team in progress who probably won't be in the relegation areas but probably won't make the top 6 either .

Two or three decent signings of genuine quality two of which should be forwards could transform this season in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Two halves as different as chalk and cheese.
    First half very much back to last season gifted them a goal.
    Second half by far the better side but missed two golden opportunities.
    Nothing special Derby but we just have to stop gifting.
    Oh, Cole, March and Odour did well when they came on.
    I know most have been praising Derby for the ‘names’ they have signed.
    But IMO that’s the old fashioned way of running a club - ie signing players that have been around the block a few times and already got a nest egg in the bank.

I much prefer the Barnsley way of signing young hungry players - with however a sprinkling of older individuals to teach the younger players.

Adda tekken a point afooar game but from 2 nowt darn it was a tall order. Move on

1 OR 2 STRIKERS NEEDED ASAP I KNOW IT'S A BIG ASK WITH No MONEY LEFT AFTER SIGNING 3 COACHES

Overall we didn't deserve to lose , neither did we deserve a win , same old failings time after time ( slack play and the inevitable gaff) easily the better side second half , in reality if we are to progress ? We need to loan out Marshy and Aitchison to gain more experience and build up body strength , I rate them both and hope they can fulfill what most of us would like to see , Cole simply isn't and never will be any good for us , he has to go along with sicknote Iseka , hard to pick a MOM between Benson and Thomas for me ,

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    1 OR 2 STRIKERS NEEDED ASAP I KNOW IT'S A BIG ASK WITH No MONEY LEFT AFTER SIGNING 3 COACHES
    good arra ,,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast