+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A striker at last.Darko Churlinov inbound!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He's fluid he can play right, left or centre, good engine, he can score with his head and both feet. If only he could stay fit.
    When was the last time he scored with his head or either foot?

Last September when he got 4 against Rochdale?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    When was the last time he scored with his head or either foot?
    I wouldn’t write Jay rod just yeti

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    he lacks the movement to get into dangerous positions. He isn’t pulling defenders out of position to create space.
    To be fair Swiss, that very clever stepover at Huddersfield has been responsible for 50% of the goals we've scored this season.

I think Twine will play behind Jay Rod with two wingers and offensive midfielders all trying to score goals, trouble with that idea is we will also concede especially with the way Muric plays.

I think Twine will play behind Jay Rod with two wingers and offensive midfielders all trying to score goals, trouble with that idea is we will also concede especially with the way Muric plays.
    Problem is, the risky way Muric plays is not producing any more goals than Pope just lumping it upfield did, although it has increased our possession stats. Problem is, 70% possession is not producing any more goals than 30% possession did. Still it's early days, I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Problem is, the risky way Muric plays is not producing any more goals than Pope just lumping it upfield did, although it has increased our possession stats. Problem is, 70% possession is not producing any more goals than 30% possession did. Still it's early days, I'm sure we'll get there eventually.
    The Muric tactic has one major benefit sinkov, it's totally cured my once acute constipation...

The Muric tactic has one major benefit sinkov, it's totally cured my once acute constipation...
    That's good BT, however, his antics haven't cost us up to now, just wait until it does and hope that it is not at the Turf because the toilets won't be able to cope!

Never mind, comfort yourself with the fact that, at long last as far as many are concerned, we have joined the brigade of teams that can complete at least 20 passes before managing to get the ball into our opponents' half of the field. Remember that possession is the most important thing in football ---just look at Man United yesterday, they only let their opponents complete 33% possession. That was 4% less than they allowed their opponents last week. So 65% possession over the course of two games, they must be doing well, except that they have only scored 1 goal in spite of having 32 attempts.

Never mind, it will all iron itself out and we will have been entertained with lots of passing football, particulalry involving the goalkeeper et al. Interesting that Benson was seen as the answer after his one half against Luton, however, he turned and passed backwards on Friday more than Dwight ever did, however, not one fan complains about that ---how times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    That's good BT, however, his antics haven't cost us up to now, just wait until it does and hope that it is not at the Turf because the toilets won't be able to cope!

Never mind, comfort yourself with the fact that, at long last as far as many are concerned, we have joined the brigade of teams that can complete at least 20 passes before managing to get the ball into our opponents' half of the field. Remember that possession is the most important thing in football ---just look at Man United yesterday, they only let their opponents complete 33% possession. That was 4% less than they allowed their opponents last week. So 65% possession over the course of two games, they must be doing well, except that they have only scored 1 goal in spite of having 32 attempts.

Never mind, it will all iron itself out and we will have been entertained with lots of passing football, particulalry involving the goalkeeper et al. Interesting that Benson was seen as the answer after his one half against Luton, however, he turned and passed backwards on Friday more than Dwight ever did, however, not one fan complains about that ---how times change.
    It didn’t escape my attention sub , ( Benson ) after they clattered him for the third time his game was over , however they were a very big physical side who did there utmost to not allow us space down the flanks and in the channels between full back and centre backs,

In fairness they did a decent job on us really because we didn’t have the goal that would have opend the game up , they were comfortable against our forward line and wide players.

They actually reminded me of a organised Burnley team not too many seasons ago , I guess that’s the thing about opinions in football , if there fans are happy for the team to spoil and sit in then so be it - we put up with it for a long time - used to bore the pants of me mind.

What we save on the Senna Pods mon ami, we can put towards the eye-watering Leccy bills we're going to be getting soon, it all helps. It should be a long term saving as well, VK is a disciple of Pep, so we can expect Muric to be running our midfield for the rest of the season. Entertainment guaranteed, for his sake though I hope he doesn't cock one up during the Panto season. You can just imagine the comments.

What is certain though is that sooner or later he's going to give a goal away. I might start taking bets on how long we have to wait. My bet guess would be........not long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)