+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A striker at last.Darko Churlinov inbound!

A striker at last.Darko Churlinov inbound!

Apparently chose us over Anderlecht and VK was the reason.Deal agreed apparently.
    Rumours of nterest also in the Ukrainian Artem Dovbyk.
    Could it be a case of waiting for ages for a bus then two come at once?

Thank goodness hope he is better than Barnes and Costello. I understand Costello is new to this level and it does tell he is not quite ready at this level. However, Barnes has had his day he is incapable of playing in a passing team and he looks lost not knowing where or what to do.

Could do with him tonight. We’re we being kept in the Darko ?!!

W.I.P.

WORK IN PROGRESS.

Barnes, Lowton and Long are yesterday's men.

And for f*cks sake can everybody get off Jay Rod's case please?

He’s a wide man again BT , not a target / forward

Looks very good though - great feet and brain.

I am sick of hearing about a striker.. how many chances has Barnes missed? How many did Jay Rod miss?
    Seems to me we are not creating enough chances "for the strikers"
    We are not delivering quality balls into the box early.

We are creating chances either by midfield running in from deep, or wingers cutting inside.. yesterday brownhill missed a handful, week before maatsen missed a handful..

so playing like this, how would a 20mil striker made a difference yesterday, or against Luton?
    We are playing like City Pre Harland with a false 9 basically, where all the midfield score the goals, and the striker mops up and does 90mins chasing, but they never get chances or delivery. Exactly why Jesus didn't score a lot of goals, but watch him score a load now he is at Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I am sick of hearing about a striker.. how many chances has Barnes missed? How many did Jay Rod miss?
    Seems to me we are not creating enough chances "for the strikers"
    We are not delivering quality balls into the box early.

We are creating chances either by midfield running in from deep, or wingers cutting inside.. yesterday brownhill missed a handful, week before maatsen missed a handful..

so playing like this, how would a 20mil striker made a difference yesterday, or against Luton?
    We are playing like City Pre Harland with a false 9 basically, where all the midfield score the goals, and the striker mops up and does 90mins chasing, but they never get chances or delivery. Exactly why Jesus didn't score a lot of goals, but watch him score a load now he is at Arsenal
    Chalk on boots FtB, that's what Churlinov will bring and boy do we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Thank goodness hope he is better than Barnes and Costello. I understand Costello is new to this level and it does tell he is not quite ready at this level. However, Barnes has had his day he is incapable of playing in a passing team and he looks lost not knowing where or what to do.
    I agree lancs. He is still playing his old rôle of trouble maker. Whilst that can earn free kicks in dangerous places, he lacks the movement to get into dangerous positions. He isn’t pulling defenders out of position to create space.

He has been a great part of the team in previous years, but I think he needs to be following Sam Vokes into the lower leagues where his style of play still works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    W.I.P.

WORK IN PROGRESS.

Barnes, Lowton and Long are yesterday's men.

And for f*cks sake can everybody get off Jay Rod's case please?
    I am not here to knock JRod. I will be interested in your views, BT, of why he deserves a shirt? Especially in the new set up. He is a great guy and always gives 100% but how do you see his rôle?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I am not here to knock JRod. I will be interested in your views, BT, of why he deserves a shirt? Especially in the new set up. He is a great guy and always gives 100% but how do you see his rôle?
    He's fluid he can play right, left or centre, good engine, he can score with his head and both feet. If only he could stay fit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)