+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hearts (a)

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    I don't think Ross has a clue, if he did he would know that we looked better and quite solid last season playing 3 at the back and would have played that today instead of messing about again away at a tough venue.

Early days, but anything other than a win next week and he should be under pressure already
    I didnt see any of that today so cant comment on that.

However, on 3 at the back, that works when you have 3 at the back from 5 or 6. We have 3 options at the back, then its Smith, McMann and Behich making up that 3.

Big game coming up next week already, and while im not thinking of relegation yet, next week may be in the must win category way too early in the season!

Do we not have any defensive mids in the youths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I didnt see any of that today so cant comment on that.

However, on 3 at the back, that works when you have 3 at the back from 5 or 6. We have 3 options at the back, then its Smith, McMann and Behich making up that 3.

Big game coming up next week already, and while im not thinking of relegation yet, next week may be in the must win category way too early in the season!

TC managed, regardless of who was available, using Smith in midfield which worked with Freeman RWB, sometimes Niskanen, McMann did ok at times as a LCB too, he'd be laughing why the options we have now

I felt he was creative with his line ups at times usually with decent results, we always managed to be competitive and difficult to beat

I couldn't understand why this wasn't acceptable to some people, I'd take that again this season in a heartbeat

JR will soon be under pressure if he cannot even manage to make us what TC did, which was my fear all along, no chance this time last year would I have swapped Hibs for their manager (JR) in place of TC

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    TC managed, regardless of who was available, using Smith in midfield which worked with Freeman RWB, sometimes Niskanen, McMann did ok at times as a LCB too, he'd be laughing why the options we have now

I felt he was creative with his line ups at times usually with decent results, we always managed to be competitive and difficult to beat

I couldn't understand why this wasn't acceptable to some people, I'd take that again this season in a heartbeat

JR will soon be under pressure if he cannot even manage to make us what TC did, which was my fear all along, no chance this time last year would I have swapped Hibs for their manager (JR) in place of TC
    Feck me Shedka, TC left for whatever reason and you really need to find out why or get over it! However, and im not meaning anything to be read into this, if you found out why, i doubt you would accept anything bad be said of the new regime anyway. TC was not sacked! He walked!

The back 3 options worked last season because we had 2 very good players to fill in. JR doesnt have the options of Butcher, who maybe didnt do the girl, but he did something(s) bad enough to be sent back to Burton and Neilson was also permitted to depart and neither have been replaced in any way whatsoever.

It looks like what i write next is of little use to you as i think you have already written JR off, but i think now that the Euro adventure is over, he will now use the free time through the week to work on getting the team gelled, and may bring in the 3 players it looks like we need.

Dont get me wrong, im not happy with our start, but im not throwing in the towel after 3 games because im not surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Creative my rear end
    I think you're forgetting the run of 15 games from near end of October where we won 2 and failed to score in 8 of them.
    We're having our blip now but I'm hopeful once the window closes we will have what we need.

Genuinely concerned as to how we turn this around after watching that today. We have a team whose confidence is completely shot to pieces three games into the season. The manner in which we are conceding goals is frightening. JR needs to have some kind of magic wand at the ready because this isn't something we're going to turn around overnight.

St. Mirren is now must win as I've no doubt we'll get our usual pumpings from Livi & Celtic following that game which will only heap more pressure on an already, mentally fragile team.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Genuinely concerned as to how we turn this around after watching that today. We have a team whose confidence is completely shot to pieces three games into the season. The manner in which we are conceding goals is frightening. JR needs to have some kind of magic wand at the ready because this isn't something we're going to turn around overnight.

St. Mirren is now must win as I've no doubt we'll get our usual pumpings from Livi & Celtic following that game which will only heap more pressure on an already, mentally fragile team.
    This is where I'm at too. Any confidence from that euro win has completely fizzled out and I'm actually dreading next weekend for the very reasons you've stated

I’m surprised United didn’t go for shankland. He was the hero and his goals were missed when he left. I really expected him to resign. Did he celebrate his goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    I’m surprised United didn’t go for shankland. He was the hero and his goals were missed when he left. I really expected him to resign. Did he celebrate his goal?
    Are you not able to read?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)