+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts (a)

Hearts (a)

Ok someone had to do it. Not the ideal fixture to follow Thursday but why not.

Just get out there, show some passion and skill - goals maybe - and beat these chunts.

The fans deserve it.

He won't go with my preferred 3 so here's a 4141 option, we need dig in front of the defence so Charlie get stuck in. Watt as sub and by the way bring Niskanen on before him just to make a point.
    Birighitti
    Freeman Edwards Graham Behich
    .................Mulgrew
    McGrath Levitt Sibbald Middleton
    .................Fletcher

Really dont know what Smith has done to be excluded from peoples teams as i think he is probably our best performer so far this season. I also see people asking for a goal scorer when we have one right under our noses in the much derided Nicky Clark. Last 2 seasons top scorer while appearing to be second to McNumpty or played out of position! Then there is the writing off of the whole team just because we had our erses handed to us by a team who have more technical ability in their wee toes that the majority of our team!

Birighitti,
    Smith, Edwards, Graham, Freeman,
    Middleton, Levitt, McGrath, Meekison,
    Fletcher, Clark.

Cudjoe, Watt, Sibbald, McLeod and Behich all to come on second half.

Still dont see that team winning, but we need to regroup and start building after this game. Edit to say that i thought we had 2 games before St Mirren.
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 12-08-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Really dont know what Smith has done to be excluded from peoples teams as i think he is probably our best performer so far this season. I also see people asking for a goal scorer when we have one right under our noses in the much derided Nicky Clark. Last 2 seasons top scorer while appearing to be second to McNumpty or played out of position! Then there is the writing off of the whole team just because we had our erses handed to us by a team who have more technical ability in their wee toes that the majority of our team!

Birighitti,
    Smith, Edwards, Graham, Freeman,
    Middleton, Levitt, McGrath, Meekison,
    Fletcher, Clark.

Cudjoe, Watt, Sibbald, McLeod and Behich all to come on second half.

Still dont see that team winning, but we need to regroup and start building after this game. Edit to say that i thought we had 2 games before St Mirren.
    Fully agree about Clark

We need to get back to the back 3 of Edwards Mulgrew and Graham, especially as this keeper looks really suspect. Also these 3 centre backs are 3 of our biggest goal threats. We need to sign a midfield destroyer. We need wing backs who offer more going forward which i believe we have at the club already. Clark and the previous management see him as a supporting striker so he isn't being played out of position. When he does play he doesn't offer anywhere near enough which put our midfield and defence on the backfoot constantly.

Things will be alright but we need to be careful not to self destruct. The keeper situation is a massive worry to me though.

Sorry we really are scraping the barrel re Clark, there's a reason he's been a bit part player for a good few seasons and if we have aspirations of a top six finish this season then we need to do better than Clark because one things for sure there's no way he'd get anywhere near our rivals for top six starting line up.

Hearts are nae Alkmaar.

So probably just a 2 or 3 nil defeat.

Can't see us scoring from open play but might get a penalty.

Still trying to get my head around the collapse, we played just fine for 27 mins away in Europe to a good side, not looking overawed or anything, holding our own, even after losing the opener

Bizarre how it turned out from there, hopefully a freak result when it comes to this side

Not writing off the season, think one we get Sunday out the way we have time to dust ourselves off and try to have another decent season, we aren't suddenly rubbish, we have a lot of decent players

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Still trying to get my head around the collapse, we played just fine for 27 mins away in Europe to a good side, not looking overawed or anything, holding our own, even after losing the opener

Bizarre how it turned out from there, hopefully a freak result when it comes to this side

Not writing off the season, think one we get Sunday out the way we have time to dust ourselves off and try to have another decent season, we aren't suddenly rubbish, we have a lot of decent players
    Where are the goals coming from though?

It is all fine and well when your new manager has points on the board. JR has to utilise his full squad. If that means starting Clark and Fletcher in a central partnership it has to be done. Likewise, two players that had terrible games on Thursday need to be dropped, keeper and Smith replaced by Eriksson and Freeman. Competition for places is exactly what is needed and in this situation, these are required.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)