+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownhill next to go?

Brownhill next to go?

Rumour mill: With just over two weeks left of the window, I can see a £20 million offer coming in for Brownhill.

Would it be wise to sell him?

No. I’m a fan of his, and think he has found his level in the championship. He gets a lot of criticism on here, but not from me. Could be a 10 goal midfielder this season if it goes to plan. I believe we’ll see the best of him this season if he stays.A “ Mark Noble “ type of player for me.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    No. I’m a fan of his, and think he has found his level in the championship. He gets a lot of criticism on here, but not from me. Could be a 10 goal midfielder this season if it goes to plan. I believe we’ll see the best of him this season if he stays.A “ Mark Noble “ type of player for me.
    He's been our best player this season and that's why he's being linked with 3 EPL teams, not sure of the merit of the rumours but I can see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He's been our best player this season and that's why he's being linked with 3 EPL teams, not sure of the merit of the rumours but I can see it happening.
    I'm with you on this BT. The only hope is that VK has had a chat and that JB is happy with his prospects in our line up. The biggest problem will be that a PL club comes in and offers him a much better deal, if that happens he will be off and who can blame him? He is a good player.

Just to add that he must have been rated by our previous management because:-
    He started 73 PL games for us and was only subbed off in 4. He came on as a sub in 5 matches so he has earned his corn by taking part in 78 of the 94 PL games for which he was available.

I think that we are seeing the best of him, not because it’s the Championship, but because he is being the freedom to get forward and join in the attacks. Most of the PL teams seem well supplied in midfield so, hopefully, he will be left alone and sees his future with us.

VK has said has he not that he does not foresee or want any further leavers apart from Lowton maybe as he is not likely really to feature. I hope Brownhill does not leave. I never liked him much but know you can see how much impact the previous style had on players creativity and expression on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    VK has said has he not that he does not foresee or want any further leavers apart from Lowton maybe as he is not likely really to feature. I hope Brownhill does not leave. I never liked him much but know you can see how much impact the previous style had on players creativity and expression on the ball.
    ANother in the mould of Dean Marney who was very much disliked by loads of our fans until he got injured and we struggled without him. It was only in his second or third season that he becmae appreciated, many fans stating that "He just runs around a lot"
    It's a funny old game!

A couple of suggestions that it's the change of manager and thus playing style that's making him look a better player. Maybe, it's a valid opinion, but I would suggest that dropping down a level, and from PL to Championship is a big drop, might also have something to do with it. He's now back at the level where he made his name, the level he was very impressive at before we promoted him to PL level. He's not doing anything now he hasn't done before.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A couple of suggestions that it's the change of manager and thus playing style that's making him look a better player. Maybe, it's a valid opinion, but I would suggest that dropping down a level, and from PL to Championship is a big drop, might also have something to do with it. He's now back at the level where he made his name, the level he was very impressive at before we promoted him to PL level. He's not doing anything now he hasn't done before.
    There is part of that Sinkov in his emergence as a key player , but tbh playing in a side that has lots of possession makes a massive difference, a lot on here dislike Brownhill and said he wasn’t premier league standard - I’d disagree entirely- he’s asked to do a different job now and as I say football is a much easier game when you have the ball , but he obviously has the attributes or he wouldn’t have been linked with other clubs in the first place.

I think if kompany sanctions this it would be a mistake — there are a few cogs to add to our chain yet to get a settled team - shape and style losing Brownhill would be a negative for me.

I think Taylor will go though hence we’re linked with centre backs now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)