+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of thoughts

Couple of thoughts

On the game last night.

Slow start at home again, we seem a tad nervous.

An exciting entertaining game of football and credit to Arbroath for having a go.

Officials.....the standard is so bad.

The mighty.......it's great watching an energetic fit team.

Mulligan really enjoy watching this guy very exciting player.

Grayson/French/Robinson.....all 3 signings have strengthened us withoot bursting the bank.

Atmosphere.....really good last night, section 18 are really creating a cracking atmosphere at Dens .........any coincidence most respected goes and folk start enjoying themselves......we resisted having a young guns section for years.....it makes a big difference.

Pat liney tribute was really classy, well done everyone associated with that.

Rudden........God loves a trier, well done Sir.

All in all a very enjoyable evening two cracking nights back to back.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    On the game last night.

Slow start at home again, we seem a tad nervous.

An exciting entertaining game of football and credit to Arbroath for having a go.

Officials.....the standard is so bad.

The mighty.......it's great watching an energetic fit team.

Mulligan really enjoy watching this guy very exciting player.

Grayson/French/Robinson.....all 3 signings have strengthened us withoot bursting the bank.

Atmosphere.....really good last night, section 18 are really creating a cracking atmosphere at Dens .........any coincidence most respected goes and folk start enjoying themselves......we resisted having a young guns section for years.....it makes a big difference.

Pat liney tribute was really classy, well done everyone associated with that.

Rudden........God loves a trier, well done Sir.

All in all a very enjoyable evening two cracking nights back to back.��

The most respected was at the left hand side of the steps as the players came out. TV cameras were focused in on that area as the players were about to come on the pitch. Thomson standing there in a grey suit gave the ref the thumbs up and they then walked down to the pitch.

I thought he was away. Anyone know the script there?

really surprised with the turnout last night considering it was on tv, and well done to the sponser who provided the drums and flags for the DERRY section. created a great atmosphere and a good send off for PAT LINEY.
    great attitude from the team last night, thought we had blown it at 2-2, also good use of the subbies from Gary Bowyer after we scored,
    kept Arbroath waiting to take the kick off and stopped their momentum.
    impressed with Grayson and Mulligan and at last we now have players with pace !, but whole team played well.

Rollercoaster of a game but decent 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    The most respected was at the left hand side of the steps as the players came out. TV cameras were focused in on that area as the players were about to come on the pitch. Thomson standing there in a grey suit gave the ref the thumbs up and they then walked down to the pitch.

I thought he was away. Anyone know the script there?
    Jim Thomson is now the match safety officer.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    really surprised with the turnout last night considering it was on tv, and well done to the sponser who provided the drums and flags for the DERRY section. created a great atmosphere and a good send off for PAT LINEY.
    great attitude from the team last night, thought we had blown it at 2-2, also good use of the subbies from Gary Bowyer after we scored,
    kept Arbroath waiting to take the kick off and stopped their momentum.
    impressed with Grayson and Mulligan and at last we now have players with pace !, but whole team played well.
    It was good to see the Dundee players playing with a high tempo throughout the whole of the game.
    I must admit that I watched the game on tv which saved trailing down to Dens twice in a week. Once to buy my ticket and them back for the game last night.
    I am surprised that the club did not have reduced ticket prices when their home game is live on the ‘free to air’ BBC Scotland channel.
    £15 for adults and £10 for concessions.
    PATG could have been opened in the Main Stand.
    Gary Bowyer has installed an entertainment culture on the pitch.
    Now we need the management of Dundee Football Club to reciprocate by making it as easy as possible for non season ticket holders to attend home games at Dens Park including games live on tv.
    I was very impressed that there were 704 Arbroath supporters at last night’s game especially as they had to purchase their ticket for the game in advance as there was no PATG in Bob Shankly stand.
    Hopefully Tim Keyes is hearing the discontent about the lack of PATG at Dens Park during his current holiday in Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It was good to see the Dundee players playing with a high tempo throughout the whole of the game.
    I must admit that I watched the game on tv which saved trailing down to Dens twice in a week. Once to buy my ticket and them back for the game last night.
    I am surprised that the club did not have reduced ticket prices when their home game is live on the ‘free to air’ BBC Scotland channel.
    Now we need the management of Dundee Football Club to reciprocate by making it as easy as possible for non season ticket holders to attend home games at Dens Park including games live on tv.
    I was very impressed that there were 704 Arbroath supporters at last night’s game especially as they had to purchase their ticket for the game in advance as there was no PATG in Bob Shankly stand.
    Hopefully Tim Keyes is hearing the discontent about the lack of PATG at Dens Park during his current holiday in Dundee.
    i did not renew my season ticket, first time in about twenty years, but bought four tickets for the DERRY,
    My sons ticket was £24, my concession, £16, and two grandsons, £2 each, total price £44 ! ,but at least we won in style.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Difficult to justify reducing prices for a TV game where the club get no extra payment for said broadcast and it has been largely proved that reducing prices rarely increases attendances by the numbers predicted. Put a good product on the park and folk will turn up providing ticket prices aren't over the top. There were few queues at all for shop purchases of tickets on the day and although I take your point re double journeys to the ground entrance for the home crowd went very smoothly. Arbroath did not sell any tickets, all of the away support was patg for yesterday's game.

The atmosphere was brilliant before even getting into the ground,you could sense the anticipation and happiness around the place , firstly no huge queue outside the shop waiting to buy tickets upsetting the fans , and everybody so so happy after the filth across the road got seven the night before , I believe A.Z we’re singing the Johnny Scobbie song , and we gave United 7 Seven

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Difficult to justify reducing prices for a TV game where the club get no extra payment for said broadcast and it has been largely proved that reducing prices rarely increases attendances by the numbers predicted. Put a good product on the park and folk will turn up providing ticket prices aren't over the top. There were few queues at all for shop purchases of tickets on the day and although I take your point re double journeys to the ground entrance for the home crowd went very smoothly. Arbroath did not sell any tickets, all of the away support was patg for yesterday's game.
    Wonder if the PATG for Arbroath might be worth thinking about for every home game? Shop had the prepaid tickets in a box outside at the entrance an a steward checking if you were buying a ticket or simply collecting one that had been paid for. No queuing of any significance and three people working behind the counter. Seemed efficient and shop was busy too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)