+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Boreham Wood 13/08/22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Along with eight other teams
    Aka nobody else has done better so far, many worse.

Will check with a reliable sauce and blood relative who went in my absence but interested to know how Rodrigues played for all those in attendance?

When posting why the need to add what comp it is like NL, PSF, EFL CUP, F.A CUP ETC. We do know what event we're playing in.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's always annoyed me when I've watched Chicken, clearly a good footballer and good pro but the insistence on turning back on himself.after advancing tells us all we need to know about his preferred position and style.
    Someone on here gave him a nickname last season Check back Chicksen which was very apt imo.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Someone on here gave him a nickname last season Check back Chicksen which was very apt imo.
    Twas moi .
    What games I saw, found him so frustrating going forward & instead of bombing on down the flank, would stop the momentum & pass sideways or backwards.

Get rid of Chicksen & flapper & I would be more confident with our defence. Funny 2 players that have been here since our fall from the league, new coaches & still the same issues. Coincidence?
    Last edited by irishpete; 14-08-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Will check with a reliable sauce and blood relative who went in my absence but interested to know how Rodrigues played for all those in attendance?
    He played well but was frustrated with players not getting the ball to him quicker
    Had to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball, trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck
    Looked a very tight pitch so space was at a premium and they were obviously well drilled on marking him
    He didn't do anything wrong put it that way

Pretty sure TAR was carrying an injury, rather than not being selected for any other reason

Yes, I agree. Chicksen is obviously an excellent professional but his preference to take the easy option, by always passing backwards, can be infuriating. Under Burchnall, I often suspected he was encouraged at half-time to be more attacking minded, as he improved in the second half, but he’s not a natural attacking wingback.

I didn't think LW's summing up of the players' fitness ahead of Gateshead sounded very good regarding Baldwin. tight achillies I think he said, not helped by the hard pitches. Let's hope it is nothing, but I thought we had another player with an injury put down to hard pitches in recent times, and seem to remember that being a long term problem.
    We can do without Rawlinson and Baldwin being longer term injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    He played well but was frustrated with players not getting the ball to him quicker
    Had to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball, trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck
    Looked a very tight pitch so space was at a premium and they were obviously well drilled on marking him
    He didn't do anything wrong put it that way
    Thanks Rainbow. I'm told he was our standout player yesterday, which is very encouraging and pleasing to hear.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast