+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Boreham Wood 13/08/22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    When posting why the need to add what comp it is like NL, PSF, EFL CUP, F.A CUP ETC. We do know what event we're playing in.
    It helps people using the search facility when looking for the thread they want to re-read in the future.

For example if someone wants the York pre-season friendly thread they can enter 'York PSF' and it will bring up the correct thread as opposed to league games.

Like the icons differentiating match threads, prediction threads, signings, departures etc. it isn't a lot of extra work but I could stop doing it if it bothers you? All of these little things are designed to make things easier and better for our posters but maybe people don't like them. Nobody has mentioned them prior to this.

Anyone else have any thoughts/complaints?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-08-2022 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It helps people using the search facility when looking for the thread they want to re-read in the future.

For example if someone wants the York pre-season friendly thread they can enter 'York PSF' and it will bring up the correct thread as opposed to league games.

Like the icons differentiating match threads, prediction threads, signings, departures etc. it isn't a lot of extra work but I could stop doing it if it bothers you? All of these little things are deigned to make things easier and better for our posters but maybe people don't like them. Nobody has mentioned them prior to this.

Anyone else have any thoughts/complaints?
    It also has not been unknown for us to be playing the same team twice within the "life of freds" in two different competitions.

Putting the clarification in makes simple sense.

Loving the music, takes me right back.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Someone on here gave him a nickname last season Check back Chicksen which was very apt imo.
    He had quite a few mentions on the wireless commentary but what about the creativity disappearing from the midfield? According to our heroes on Radio Nottm we were easily in charge and dominant for the first twenty minutes or so, then, even after us scoring the penalty, BH woke up and all our cohesion left. I can't fault LW for keeping the same team that walloped Maidenhead but they really should have worked harder looking for that second goal.

Looking at our defending makes me wince, some really casual efforts at times and, as for set pieces, will we ever get on top of this?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He had quite a few mentions on the wireless commentary but what about the creativity disappearing from the midfield? According to our heroes on Radio Nottm we were easily in charge and dominant for the first twenty minutes or so, then, even after us scoring the penalty, BH woke up and all our cohesion left. I can't fault LW for keeping the same team that walloped Maidenhead but they really should have worked harder looking for that second goal.
    It’s another thing that at times certainly away from home has been our Achilles heel at this level. To go and finish teams off when 1-0 up away from home. A one goal lead is simply not enough unless you are solid and resolute at the back and can hold out against the home team who will always have their spell and periods where they test our defence.

We did enough on Saturday to win the game because first and foremost we scored two goals away from home. We dominated for periods. What let us down was our defensive frailties and vulnerability under pressure. We need to be confident and ruthless and kill teams off away from home.

That was the difference between us and Stockport last season they could grind out those away wins. The positive is that the manager saw it and was disappointed by it and can hopefully do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    Loving the music, takes me right back.
    And me,

The Mansfield sing
    I don't know why
    cause after the match
    they're gonna die

oh the memories,

We need give up on this 3 at the back, and revert to a 4 3 I 2 formation. With Rodrigues playing just behind a front 2 of Scott and langstaff.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast