+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Boreham Wood 13/08/22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Looking at our defending makes me wince, some really casual efforts at times and, as for set pieces, will we ever get on top of this?

Looking at Notts away lilac shirts make me squint - whoever chose that colour is having a laugh - I'm surprised the Notts players can even see each other let alone pass the ball. Bright colours catch the eye in both forward and peripheral vision, these pale lilac shirts don't. Wait till we play away on a misty day/night - wearing this strip will cost us a few points 'mark my words'

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We need give up on this 3 at the back, and revert to a 4 3 I 2 formation. With Rodrigues playing just behind a front 2 of Scott and langstaff.
    Not sure we have the wingers for it. We have Nemane, maybe Mitchell but we really don't have the depth out wide and as we have seemingly given up on new signings, looks like we are stuck with 5 at the back

I wouldn't let Nemane anywhere near the starting eleven. As for wingers, I don't think we really need them. We have Austin who can play the wide role. Otherwise we need to play to our strikers strengths which is balls through the middle to run on to.
    There are so many giant defenders in this league, that's why crossing the ball into the box is futile..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-08-2022 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

"Banjo Pie said - whoever chose that colour is having a laugh - I'm surprised the Notts players can even see each other let alone pass the ball. Bright colours catch the eye in both forward and peripheral vision, these pale lilac shirts don't."

Won't this mean our attacking players, in stealth lilac, can sneak through defenses and score a bagful of goals??

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    "Banjo Pie said - whoever chose that colour is having a laugh - I'm surprised the Notts players can even see each other let alone pass the ball. Bright colours catch the eye in both forward and peripheral vision, these pale lilac shirts don't."

Won't this mean our attacking players, in stealth lilac, can sneak through defenses and score a bagful of goals??
    If only - but it doesn't work like that, if you don't understand the concept of what I said then you won't get it!

Manchester United's 3rd kit on display at Brentford at the weekend is certainly bright and catches the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Manchester United's 3rd kit on display at Brentford at the weekend is certainly bright and catches the eye.
    Unfortunately not by their own players.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast