+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brighton vs NUFC Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    Which is why the rules are what they are now. If he hadn't fluffed the chance it would have gone to VAR and assuming he was indeed onside (it was close) it would have been given. Nowt really to complain about, the offside being given was only the difference between a freekick and the keeper playing it out.

I'm more bothered with us not seeming to really be at 100% today. A number of times where players have looked half asleep, flat footed or slow to react. Thankfully Brighton haven't looked much better.
    We would have been given a corner instead of them getting the offside free kick. So yes, it does make a difference. With this game being what it is, any standard situation we can get we must take advantage of.

With regards to the game, we are up against a good team. Very structured, good at making it hard for us. We have looked slow and unimaginative at times, but that's to Brighton's credit.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Good save, Pope.
    We have a great goalkeeper, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    We would have been given a corner instead of them getting the offside free kick. So yes, it does make a difference. With this game being what it is, any standard situation we can get we must take advantage of.
    Apologies, I may have got that wrong. After the net failed to bulge I fully expected the whistle to blow and hadn't taken much notice of whether the keeper had collected it or whether it had gone out for a corner. At first look I thought it was offside, the replay however did make it look a lot closer and it could well have been marginally onside. You win some and lose some of them unfortunately.

Also, Big Joe needs to calm down here before he does something silly

Another superb save by Pope

Burn handled March ok but now it’s Lamptey.

Another superb save by Pope
    Aye, he's fantastic. Great signing there.

This second half has been poor from us generally though.

Can't see what (if anything) is now happening, but in other news:

"Championship The QPR goalkeeper Seny Diang has scored an injury-time equaliser for QPR at Sunderland. All that next-level coaching from Michael Beale, and then the goalkeeper equalises."

Good point and another great clean sheet.

Full time - goalless draw - I'll take that, especially as we were pretty poor today. Would've taken it before kick off tbh, but especially with the way we played

Full time - goalless draw - I'll take that, especially as we were pretty poor today. Would've taken it before kick off tbh, but especially with the way we played
    Same here - especially after that glaring miss from Gross at the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)