+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes great performance but outside Rotherham they won’t be purring as much.

To the rest we won’t be footballers we will be “ physical” “ long ball merchants” and “ bullies”
    I think we could help ourselves in this somewhat by asking Vic to play out to defenders instead of hoofing it up front. I don't mean the high risk Crewe/Man Utd (!) type, but there was room to roll out out against a poor team today but too often booted out for throw in or lose possession.

Not complaining though, but think we might have more believe in ourselves to play it out more than we do. If the long balls we do play are for off the shoulder runs from Chio and Wash, no one will be moaning then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Who's the clown who keeps saying Wood is past it?
    I agree, good luck to anyone, good enough to be selected for Rotherham United, excellent Sunday morning, can you hear the birds singing.!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think we could help ourselves in this somewhat by asking Vic to play out to defenders instead of hoofing it up front. I don't mean the high risk Crewe/Man Utd (!) type, but there was room to roll out out against a poor team today but too often booted out for throw in or lose possession.

Not complaining though, but think we might have more believe in ourselves to play it out more than we do. If the long balls we do play are for off the shoulder runs from Chio and Wash, no one will be moaning then.

Still don't know how Vickers isn't in the side. Looked a class above Victor last season trust him more. 1st away games coming up be more of a test. But got to have enjoyed yesterday Chieo worth admission fee alone. Did anyone notice tackle by Bramall late on when it looked like a real chance for them. He could be starting tues Ferguson another who will find 2 games in 3 days tough going.

What a wonderful first 45 minutes. One of the if not the best 1st half i've seen. Ince reckons we bullied them, I reckon we were just so much better, From the start we were at them and opened a very poor defence up with some good football. Washington caused all sorts of problems and is a very clever footballer. Lindsay was at his ebulliant best, Cheio was unplayable and the old man just seems to get better as he gets older.
    Lets not get too carried away as i thought they were a very poor side especially at the back and the keeper had a mare, the midweek away game will give us more of an insight as to where we are, but for now lets enjoy the moment and bask in the warm glow of the sun and 3 points.
    Johansson. Looks more assured then ever, pulled one exceptional save off, but i thought he was a tad fortunate early in the first half as i thought he took their bloke out.
    Hall, Steady away
    Humphreys. Good footballer looks comfortable on the ball and likes to play it out.
    Wood. Another good goal, played full game again and didn't put a foot wrong. I'm going to check in his attic, i'm sure he has an old portrait in it.
    Ferguson. What a splendid performance, carried out the defensive bit well and never wastes a ball, had to contend with Ince most of the game and did so well.
    Harding. Love him looks really dangerous on his rampaging runs and doesn't let much past him..
    Barlaser. Unusally for him his control was a bit lacking at times, but as stated above had 3 assists and seemed to be the man they were most worried about.
    Lindsay. Could have been MOM again, what a player to have on your side, harrying and using to ball well and getting into dangerous positions.
    Wiles. Sorry everyone but i can't see how he deserves a place in the starting line up, i know we all love him and he is one of our own, but he really hasn't played well yet this season. Gives the ball away constantly.
    Washington. What a signing he was a real pain for them and took his goal wonderfully.
    Ogbene. Deserved MOM he his revelling in the new position they just couldn't cope with him.
    Well done all the lads and the management.
    One word for the ref i thought he was excellent let the game flow well, should have booked their player for the synical foul on Ogbene in the first half but i'll let him off.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    What a wonderful first 45 minutes. One of the if not the best 1st half i've seen. Ince reckons we bullied them, I reckon we were just so much better, From the start we were at them and opened a very poor defence up with some good football. Washington caused all sorts of problems and is a very clever footballer. Lindsay was at his ebulliant best, Cheio was unplayable and the old man just seems to get better as he gets older.
    Lets not get too carried away as i thought they were a very poor side especially at the back and the keeper had a mare, the midweek away game will give us more of an insight as to where we are, but for now lets enjoy the moment and bask in the warm glow of the sun and 3 points.
    Johansson. Looks more assured then ever, pulled one exceptional save off, but i thought he was a tad fortunate early in the first half as i thought he took their bloke out.
    Hall, Steady away
    Humphreys. Good footballer looks comfortable on the ball and likes to play it out.
    Wood. Another good goal, played full game again and didn't put a foot wrong. I'm going to check in his attic, i'm sure he has an old portrait in it.
    Ferguson. What a splendid performance, carried out the defensive bit well and never wastes a ball, had to contend with Ince most of the game and did so well.
    Harding. Love him looks really dangerous on his rampaging runs and doesn't let much past him..
    Barlaser. Unusally for him his control was a bit lacking at times, but as stated above had 3 assists and seemed to be the man they were most worried about.
    Lindsay. Could have been MOM again, what a player to have on your side, harrying and using to ball well and getting into dangerous positions.
    Wiles. Sorry everyone but i can't see how he deserves a place in the starting line up, i know we all love him and he is one of our own, but he really hasn't played well yet this season. Gives the ball away constantly.
    Washington. What a signing he was a real pain for them and took his goal wonderfully.
    Ogbene. Deserved MOM he his revelling in the new position they just couldn't cope with him.
    Well done all the lads and the management.
    One word for the ref i thought he was excellent let the game flow well, should have booked their player for the synical foul on Ogbene in the first half but i'll let him off.
    Must agree with you regarding Wiles. I commented on the match thread that he is never subbed. He was the weakest in midfield again. Guess taking Barlaser and Lindsay off when we’re 4 up in that heat with a game on Tuesday makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes great performance but outside Rotherham they won’t be purring as much.

To the rest we won’t be footballers we will be “ physical” “ long ball merchants” and “ bullies”
    Ironically from Paul Ince he said that his team were “bullied” in his post match interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Ironically from Paul Ince he said that his team were “bullied” in his post match interview.
    The same paul Ince who was the midfield hatchet man at man utd. He's a terrible manager and wasn't that good as a player either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    You’ll find it’s a cliche’ most Managers use when in fact the home truths should have been , ‘My team were poor and Rotherham credit to them played some great football and made it count and it hurts’

Outstanding performance and one which shows the importance of having experience at this level. Look at Lindsay, he has played at this level and it shows, Hall was outstanding as was Wood and fergusan. Yes we had the luck today but there will be days when we don't. What I like was PW post match interview, it was level headed, respectful to Reading as well and determined. His comments on Fletcher were very calm and professional and his comments on the chances of getting another striker were open and honest. Saying the ones available are no good for him, that must be about personality. His comments on Ogbene were interesting, he obviously knows we won't keep him when his contract runs out and we are lucky to have him, but I wonder how frustrated PW is with the club not offering contracts to players early enough? It seems to be a pattern emerging? I think TS can do a lot to help PW in the coming weeks, he can come out and say NO PLAYERS are leaving Rotherham this window unless it is a loan and proposed by the manager, new contracts are being offered to all the players the manager has asked us to, and we currently intend to strengthen where we need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Can’t believe not one person has mentioned Barlaser’s worldly pass to Washington to set up his goal?

It was sheer brilliance!
    Ben Wiles cross for Woodys goal is worth a mention as well.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast