+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Outstanding performance and one which shows the importance of having experience at this level. Look at Lindsay, he has played at this level and it shows, Hall was outstanding as was Wood and fergusan. Yes we had the luck today but there will be days when we don't. What I like was PW post match interview, it was level headed, respectful to Reading as well and determined. His comments on Fletcher were very calm and professional and his comments on the chances of getting another striker were open and honest. Saying the ones available are no good for him, that must be about personality. His comments on Ogbene were interesting, he obviously knows we won't keep him when his contract runs out and we are lucky to have him, but I wonder how frustrated PW is with the club not offering contracts to players early enough? It seems to be a pattern emerging? I think TS can do a lot to help PW in the coming weeks, he can come out and say NO PLAYERS are leaving Rotherham this window unless it is a loan and proposed by the manager, new contracts are being offered to all the players the manager has asked us to, and we currently intend to strengthen where we need to.
    Entirely agree with that Derby.We saw yesterday what excellent players Warney has brought in to the club and we need to keep these gems by improving their contracts to a more respectable level.If we increase the wages of five players by 5k that would still leave over us with over 5.5 million from the 7 million we receive from being in the championship.We can easily afford to do this.

Ince clutching at straws before he gets the sack,saying Shane Long was brought down and they should have had a penalty.The same Long who was on the floor far more times than any other player trying to cheat and get a free kick and later booked for tring to fist the ball in to the net.Ince, just admit your team was totally out footballed in that first by a better side.I'd take the excellent Washington everytime before that waster Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Outstanding performance and one which shows the importance of having experience at this level. Look at Lindsay, he has played at this level and it shows, Hall was outstanding as was Wood and fergusan. Yes we had the luck today but there will be days when we don't. What I like was PW post match interview, it was level headed, respectful to Reading as well and determined. His comments on Fletcher were very calm and professional and his comments on the chances of getting another striker were open and honest. Saying the ones available are no good for him, that must be about personality. His comments on Ogbene were interesting, he obviously knows we won't keep him when his contract runs out and we are lucky to have him, but I wonder how frustrated PW is with the club not offering contracts to players early enough? It seems to be a pattern emerging? I think TS can do a lot to help PW in the coming weeks, he can come out and say NO PLAYERS are leaving Rotherham this window unless it is a loan and proposed by the manager, new contracts are being offered to all the players the manager has asked us to, and we currently intend to strengthen where we need to.
    I agree with most of this Derbyshire except the club not offering new contracts soon enough.
    I know for a fact ogbene was offered a new contract 12 month ago and again this summer. You can dangle carrots but if the horse is not hungry he won't eat it. I'm sure you would Say if the contract was high enough he would sign. Why should he. If he has a good season then he would get a 25k plus contract with most top championship teams.
    TS could up the season ticket prices to £1000 per person and we still couldn't sustain those type of wage's

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Entirely agree with that Derby.We saw yesterday what excellent players Warney has brought in to the club and we need to keep these gems by improving their contracts to a more respectable level.If we increase the wages of five players by 5k that would still leave over us with over 5.5 million from the 7 million we receive from being in the championship.We can easily afford to do this.
    Great idea but most of the contracted players have promotion clauses in their contracts. Last 2x in the championship our books returned costs of 11.5 million and 13 million. That 7 million is not extra cash. It's taken up on additional costs

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wood didn't have a good game, he had an excellent game.

And yes in future games he's likely to get roasted by a fast player running at him.
    I remember back in the sixties, Jack Charlton ,while playing for England, saying, he hated ball players running straight at him, we can only wish OUR Wood, good luck, and keep up the good work,.!

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Can anyone recommend any good pubs near Old Trafford?
    Just go to Old Trafford, you will probably get a game, with the crap they are turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPELMILLER View Post
    The same paul Ince who was the midfield hatchet man at man utd. He's a terrible manager and wasn't that good as a player either.
    The bloke is a massive bellend. I can’t stand the bloke and he’s as arrogant as they come. However ……..

‘Wasn’t that good as a player’

Give over. You don’t play for Man Utd, Liverpool and Inter Milan if you’re average.

He was a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    The bloke is a massive bellend. I can’t stand the bloke and he’s as arrogant as they come. However ……..

‘Wasn’t that good as a player’

Give over. You don’t play for Man Utd, Liverpool and Inter Milan if you’re average.

He was a top player.
    There were far better players in the teams he played for. He was an enforcer not a footballer.

Massive well done to the players, great first half performance with some good football played. I didn’t expect second half to be the same, Rotherham took their foot off the gas which was understandable. The job was done in the first half . Big well done to woody got me 75 quid .

Paul once was right about his team in the first half, we absolutely bullied them, we wanted the ball more than they did and it showed. Some of our running the channels and working positions to get crosses in were very impressive and even allowing for the match stats which favoured Reading in more shots both on and off target, we missed way better chances than they created in any part of the game, and I was sat down near the away end and, for me anyway, the free kick for the foul ref gave them on edge of box, was inside box and should have been a penalty, but it was our day yesterday.
    It has been mentioned by someone else about us losing the ball in dangerous areas near our own goal trying to play out, but if we really want to change the way we play then that will happen, and I also agree with some who say we still hit the ball long from our keeper nearly all the time when we have players available near him to give the ball to.
    All in all a good day against a defensively poor team, but a team who, 2nd half at least, gave us plenty to think about in our own defensive 3rd. UTM

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast