+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Low voting to say we were at home

Well done Ogbene

Chiedozie Ogbene 37.7%
    Richard Wood 10.3%
    Cameron Humphreys 30.8%
    Conor Washington 21.2%
    876 votes

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't get the accusation that we bullied Reading yesterday.

Bullying can't mean closed down, hungrier, faster and more intelligent at football!

Bullying is kicking, shoving, pulling and the likes to someone weaker.

Reading aren't weaker players than our players! They were slower in thought and actions and without any real game plan except the expectation of being bullied.

Feels good doesn't it 🤗🤗
    This is a good point.

I'm still unsure if it's all an easy excuse to trot out when you've been turned over by RUFC or if they really believe that's what happened. If it's the latter, and the general perception is that we're "just a team of bullies" this will work in our favour as there's clearly much more to this squad. The longer we fly under the radar the better.

It's early days but the signs so far suggest we're in for an enjoyable season.

I look at this "bullying" thing from a different perspective to most of the comments on here.
    A lot of managers use the term to suggest that their team weren't strong enough all over the pitch and the opposition were more determined and committed.
    I consider it to be a compliment rather than a slur.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I look at this "bullying" thing from a different perspective to most of the comments on here.
    A lot of managers use the term to suggest that their team weren't strong enough all over the pitch and the opposition were more determined and committed.
    I think that's true Mellow.

The phrase I used after watching it back was, one side wanted it more than the other.

Totally agree,I am not sure why people have took slight offence to it.I have no problem with it.on some occasions if we don’t “bully” the opponents then there’s every chance opponents would “bully”us….

and not even a sped boat insight..🤣

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Totally agree,I am not sure why people have took slight offence to it.I have no problem with it.on some occasions if we don’t “bully” the opponents then there’s every chance opponents would “bully”us….

and not even a sped boat insight..🤣
    Look at what you could have won.....😉

Yep I think that maybe what Ince thought but it can be taken two ways and some of us read it wrong like owt else

Sky championship team of the week based on @whoscored ratings have Ogbene, Barlaser and Warney

Sky Bet Championship

@SkyBetChamp

WhoScored.com

@WhoScored

Name:  001DBCED-7932-4180-AEC5-AD4B7006123C.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  12.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Paul Ince was right about his team in the first half, we absolutely bullied them, we wanted the ball more than they did and it showed. Some of our running the channels and working positions to get crosses in were very impressive and even allowing for the match stats which favoured Reading in more shots both on and off target, we missed way better chances than they created in any part of the game, and I was sat down near the away end and, for me anyway, the free kick for the foul ref gave them on edge of box, was inside box and should have been a penalty, but it was our day yesterday.
    It has been mentioned by someone else about us losing the ball in dangerous areas near our own goal trying to play out, but if we really want to change the way we play then that will happen, and I also agree with some who say we still hit the ball long from our keeper nearly all the time when we have players available near him to give the ball to.
    All in all a good day against a defensively poor team, but a team who, 2nd half at least, gave us plenty to think about in our own defensive 3rd. UTM
    That's exactly what I said in the early part of my comments earlier in this thread mellow and you are absolutely correct that it should be taken as a compliment. UTM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789