+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yep and statistically you would expect that to happen more in the Championship

Not much evidence of that happening so far though.

Basically Wood is two bad games away from being branded crap by the majority of our "fans"

That's how it works and Gru will get more supporters

Wood he's been a good servant for us played well today against opposition that weren't really testing him. Going to need managing re. games he plays in.

Yep, good game, it always helps when you've got a steady keeper

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Wood he's been a good servant for us played well today against opposition that weren't really testing him. Going to need managing re. games he plays in.
    Wasn't exposed to players running at him because the midfield in front of him were protecting him well.

He leads by example, positions well and organises those in front of him

Didn't look his age today regardless of the hot weather

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Eaves may have to wait and rightly so.
    I told him that in the toilets at half time.................he said "yeah", i know.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 13-08-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Eaves may have to wait and rightly so.
    Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I told him that in the toilets at half time.................he said "yeah", i know.
    Why? Was you suffering with slow flow!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    The opposition that didn’t test us had more possession, more shots off target, more shots on target and more corners.

Everyone did their jobs well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The opposition that didn’t test us had more possession, more shots off target, more shots on target and more corners.

Everyone did their jobs well.
    Genuinely thought about posting exactly what you said but you're wasting your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Basically Wood is two bad games away from being branded crap by the majority of our "fans"
    My memory is not what it used to be. Has wood ever has 2 bad games for us. Ever?

I know in gwru mind it's weekly

Great performance and tenacity from the lads, a taste of us at our pomp last year in the first half.

Washington always looking to turn off the shoulder is very appetising for a player like Dan but even the centre halfs were looking for that turn too. I'm sure teams will wise up to that but still going to be dangerous when you jabs the pace and trickery of Chio alongside him and Eaves from the bench. I have to agree with earlier poster that after an initial good 10 mins in first game of season when he came on, he looks well short at the moment, always on back foot. Much to learn at this level whereas the starting 2 look quite up for it in the Champ.

But yes, things went for us, as well as making things happen for ourselves. Readings keeper and defence were shocking and we have to bear that in mind. There was a few minutes before the 4th where we were losing a lot of 50:50s and a better team could have been much more ruthless. The big, big test will be when we have a couple of successive defeats and how the new players and squad will respond(what's that? We won't lose 2 games on the bounce? Great! Like it, like it! )

Wood, ffs as discussed above, what does he have to do to get recognition from some people? As Gristy said, he will get murdered on some games, but his presence and leadership will also be the extra power that gets us points we otherwise would lose. Its a privilege to watch him play and lead. A true legend. But kudos also to his new colleagues in defence-early days but I Icky who??
    Last edited by ragingpup; 13-08-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Washington always looking to turn off the shoulder is very appetising for a player like Dan but even the centre halfs were looking for that turn too. I'm sure teams will wise up to that but still going to be dangerous when you jabs the pace and trickery of Chio alongside him and Eaves from the bench.
    The problem teams will have is if they want to press up onto us they will be susceptible for the ball off the shoulder, like today. Or if they respect it more then they will have to drop a touch and that will give us more space in the middle / could lead to them being disjointed if some are pressing and some aren't. We could break the lines more easily, which teams definitely won't want to happen. So whilst teams will become more aware of it, it won't be an easy fix.

I really like the partnership.

I agree that Kelly hasn't looked brilliant, although, in his defence, when he came on we resorted to more of the lumping up top for him to fight for. I put it down to players tiring and seeing a bigger body that was too tempting to turn down. So he was feeding off scraps to a degree, tired support. But in other moments he wasn't too good in fairness.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast