+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Continued failure to recruit sufficient numbers cruelly exposed

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    What happened to the more reasonable, happy Wartman?

It's far too early to judge how the season is going to go.

Grimsby, the manager got it wrong...too many changes, but he puts his hand up for that.
    Saturday, we're down to 10 men, relatively early on, on a terribly hot day. We can't make long term judgements on that.

Who are you to say the board should be putting their hands in their pockets??
    You're not even a decent supporter, first sign of trouble...you're off on one of your tantrums again.

To add to my previous reply you only need to look at our bench on Saturday at Salford which was truly awful lacked very little quality and experience to enable the manager to make changes that would affect the game positively for us, if you needed any further evidence that more recruitment is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    To add to my previous reply you only need to look at our bench on Saturday at Salford which was truly awful lacked very little quality and experience to enable the manager to make changes that would affect the game positively for us, if you needed any further evidence that more recruitment is needed.
    What is worrying is that AM has spent what 20 odd years coaching in our academy and to then put out a team against Grimsby that was nowhere near the best one and the three managers must have known that and yet not realising it wasn't just about potentially losing badly but the effect it could have on the next match(es).

Some of us who never ever spent time in coaching or running a football club knew that beforehand and yet they didn't...If I was Chairman I would have gone mad him putting out a team as though it was pre season.. The policy of a manager/coach is to put the very best team they could and have some fringe players on the bench to introduce later in the match. Bad bad decisions by so called experienced coaches suggests they could learn very quickly what not to do next or may just do the same again. People think I am nuts and that can be true at times but really in the old days club managers put out the very best team they could and why when we played double winning Spurs around 1960 they had about ten internationals playing. Today they are only interested in money and managers will play a second or third eleven to save them for continentall matches that mean absolutely zero to fans like me and I would never go to any of those matches even with free tickets..

You don't need 'coaches' in football but ordinary people who understand the purpose of football and how many goal chances did we have last Saturday? Was it zero or one or two over 95 mins...Three managers and not a clue about football....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    What is worrying is that AM has spent what 20 odd years coaching in our academy and to then put out a team against Grimsby that was nowhere near the best one and the three managers must have known that and yet not realising it wasn't just about potentially losing badly but the effect it could have on the next match(es).

Some of us who never ever spent time in coaching or running a football club knew that beforehand and yet they didn't...If I was Chairman I would have gone mad him putting out a team as though it was pre season.. The policy of a manager/coach is to put the very best team they could and have some fringe players on the bench to introduce later in the match. Bad bad decisions by so called experienced coaches suggests they could learn very quickly what not to do next or may just do the same again. People think I am nuts and that can be true at times but really in the old days club managers put out the very best team they could and why when we played double winning Spurs around 1960 they had about ten internationals playing. Today they are only interested in money and managers will play a second or third eleven to save them for continentall matches that mean absolutely zero to fans like me and I would never go to any of those matches even with free tickets..

You don't need 'coaches' in football but ordinary people who understand the purpose of football and how many goal chances did we have last Saturday? Was it zero or one or two over 95 mins...Three managers and not a clue about football....
    I mean this respectfully so they can actually learn from mistakes they make but could add that the minute we went from 5 forwards to one or two was the time they all lost the plot imo....

I think the 6-3 loss to Hungary in 1953 made people change that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    What happened to the more reasonable, happy Wartman?

It's far too early to judge how the season is going to go.

Grimsby, the manager got it wrong...too many changes, but he puts his hand up for that.
    Saturday, we're down to 10 men, relatively early on, on a terribly hot day. We can't make long term judgements on that.

Who are you to say the board should be putting their hands in their pockets??
    You're not even a decent supporter, first sign of trouble...you're off on one of your tantrums again.
    Whoa! Not sure you can accuse anyone of not being a decent supporter. Wartman and I have had our differences, but although his previous post may have taken a pessimistic view, it wasn't worth the reaction it got. Let's just talk about the Alex, the club we all love in our own way, and try to avoid personal attacks.
    I appreciate MSB posts can be a little repetitive but it's what we know. Nothing will change his mind. I think we just have to accommodate it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Whoa! Not sure you can accuse anyone of not being a decent supporter. Wartman and I have had our differences, but although his previous post may have taken a pessimistic view, it wasn't worth the reaction it got. Let's just talk about the Alex, the club we all love in our own way, and try to avoid personal attacks.
    I appreciate MSB posts can be a little repetitive but it's what we know. Nothing will change his mind. I think we just have to accommodate it.
    The problem is there are so few posters on here and so repetition is inevitable. Most of my posts are based on the philosophy of football and results and comparison over many decades. Nobody can persuade me that having an academy for under 16's is a good idea as nobody can presume the ability and strength of anyone until they get older. That is a complete waste of money for a club our size. Having multiple managers is another complete waste of money when the team is crying out for quality but the problem is the 'philosophy' of these managers and Boards of Directors that cannot see the woods for the trees as the FA academy system for clubs in D1 and leagues under are futile and expensive as it was designed for the PL and not our level and the worst thing was Dario getting involved with the FA on this.

If you are used to coaching kids most of the time then its extremely difficult to manage adults in all games not just football. We don't have players who can take throw ins is because kids don't have the strength to throw the ball a decent distance and they won't encourage that due to lack of physical ability and then they never get around to doing that...Its the same with corners....same old same old and nobody wanting to change things. Its actually why I never really enjoy football at any level nowadays and don't regret not going to games now....

BTW nobody needs to read my posts even if it is slighty more professional than most.... The managers at this club will certainly not do that irrespective....

Npbody can play the game in recent times like even many players we have had at our club over the years...Nobody has scored hat tricks here like they did here in the old days..why not? Players and defence too good? I don't think so myself....ATB all!....

What I cannot figure is why we get so many views of posts and yet so few posting! Even those going to games are in short supply...I wonder why as Facebook only have one liners...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-08-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    The problem is there are so few posters on here and so repetition is inevitable. Most of my posts are based on the philosophy of football and results and comparison over many decades. Nobody can persuade me that having an academy for under 16's is a good idea as nobody can presume the ability and strength of anyone until they get older. That is a complete waste of money for a club our size. Having multiple managers is another complete waste of money when the team is crying out for quality but the problem is the 'philosophy' of these managers and Boards of Directors that cannot see the woods for the trees as the FA academy system for clubs in D1 and leagues under are futile and expensive as it was designed for the PL and not our level and the worst thing was Dario getting involved with the FA on this.

If you are used to coaching kids most of the time then its extremely difficult to manage adults in all games not just football. We don't have players who can take throw ins is because kids don't have the strength to throw the ball a decent distance and they won't encourage that due to lack of physical ability and then they never get around to doing that...Its the same with corners....same old same old and nobody wanting to change things. Its actually why I never really enjoy football at any level nowadays and don't regret not going to games now....

BTW nobody needs to read my posts even if it is slighty more professional than most.... The managers at this club will certainly not do that irrespective....

Npbody can play the game in recent times like even many players we have had at our club over the years...Nobody has scored hat tricks here like they did here in the old days..why not? Players and defence too good? I don't think so myself....ATB all!....

What I cannot figure is why we get so many views of posts and yet so few posting! Even those going to games are in short supply...I wonder why as Facebook only have one liners...

Mike I don’t have an issue with the clubs academy model and the coaching and nurturing of talent providing that the first team is properly funded also and at the moment I don’t think it is. money must be found to increase and improve the quality of the first team I currently believe first team recruitment this season is barely half done and we have no further funds available that is pathetic especially as after only 3 games of the season the bench is filled by first year pros in the main of which both the chairman and AM has said are not ready for first team football yet and would benefit from loan spells ? I will repeat myself signing 9 first year pros is not first team business and should not be considered as being so, they should not have squad numbers that would then give you a better understanding of our first team strength which is inadequate.

What I cannot figure is why we get so many views of posts and yet so few posting!

Cos it's like "the Grumpy Old Men" meet "Googlebox" lol.
    After 574 postings criticising the Academy, almost as many having a pop at the management team (after 3 league matches!!!), etc etc et bloody cetera!
    Just make the Average White Bands biggest hit the theme tune for the forum........that's why no one else posts.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    What I cannot figure is why we get so many views of posts and yet so few posting!

Cos it's like "the Grumpy Old Men" meet "Googlebox" lol.
    After 574 postings criticising the Academy, almost as many having a pop at the management team (after 3 league matches!!!), etc etc et bloody cetera!
    Just make the Average White Bands biggest hit the theme tune for the forum........that's why no one else posts.
    Oh aye, I thought you would be back! Another moaner and groaner at any opposite viewpoint..

Good season was it last time?? Have a great day... You are wrong actually as people still LOVE to read my posts, otherwise they would say so as you have...where are they?? Oh maybe they don't as some posters will criticise them as you do the whole time....Never heard of that theme tune, showing my age again...I will continue posting here and so get used to it or you could just join the readers only squad...LOL...

The academy structure now is a disaster and costing the club funds for better players...That is so obvious UNLESS the FA and PL are paying the full cost...Are they? Three managers? Why not ten? I played without having one coaching session, so did James Greaves and the world cup winning team where not one coaching session since 1966 has improved the result.....ie the evidence is pretty clear. Academies are full of ex footballers and others who never played the game and as Gary Player used to say...When the coach can play golf better than me, I will take notice...

Wartman, the point IS we cannot afford BOTH the existing academy structure and if the BoD is putting in 2m pounds this season maybe that tells us something..It will change and has to UNLESS someone else is paying...re above...Why is so few clubs at the lower leagues doing what we do? I was always one step ahead...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-08-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....and out!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast