+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Continued failure to recruit sufficient numbers cruelly exposed

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....and out!!!!
    With you WBW. It’s tedious. It’s not a discussion if the same old outdated shyte keeps getting trotted out ad nauseam. Thats why the FB page is active, and this forum isn’t.
    People still LOVE to read Mike’s posts, not me I just scan through to make sure he’s mentioned the holy trinity of coaching, too many managers and the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    With you WBW. It’s tedious. It’s not a discussion if the same old outdated shyte keeps getting trotted out ad nauseam. Thats why the FB page is active, and this forum isn’t.
    People still LOVE to read Mike’s posts, not me I just scan through to make sure he’s mentioned the holy trinity of coaching, too many managers and the academy.
    Haha...

I will keep posting here even if nobody else does...LOL..It cannot be tedious if you don't read everything as there are jewels NOT hidden..Miss them at your peril!

My philosopy is true and when you were the only alex fan at away games as I was many years ago then you can claim to be a really true alex fan...You should have seen Frank Lord score all those hat tricks here and not one coaching session needed! . Anyone scored a hat trick here since we had an academy? Well, no shots on goal must be the reason.. We may as well put out 5 forwards and lose 10-5...

Over and IN!

CA for ever men!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-08-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Oh, I am not a member of Facebook and Twitter and any other social media and don't want to thanks..

Have people forgot that radio stoke do Praise AND Grumble? Heard about Stoke recently?

A little too much in-fighting at the moment and very actual discussion.
    It's the slanging matches that put people off. Too much yah-boo and too little discussion about the important thing (no not Jimmy Greaves&#128521 - the Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Oh aye, I thought you would be back! Another moaner and groaner at any opposite viewpoint..

Good season was it last time?? Have a great day... You are wrong actually as people still LOVE to read my posts, otherwise they would say so as you have...where are they?? Oh maybe they don't as some posters will criticise them as you do the whole time....Never heard of that theme tune, showing my age again...I will continue posting here and so get used to it or you could just join the readers only squad...LOL...

The academy structure now is a disaster and costing the club funds for better players...That is so obvious UNLESS the FA and PL are paying the full cost...Are they? Three managers? Why not ten? I played without having one coaching session, so did James Greaves and the world cup winning team where not one coaching session since 1966 has improved the result.....ie the evidence is pretty clear. Academies are full of ex footballers and others who never played the game and as Gary Player used to say...When the coach can play golf better than me, I will take notice...

Wartman, the point IS we cannot afford BOTH the existing academy structure and if the BoD is putting in 2m pounds this season maybe that tells us something..It will change and has to UNLESS someone else is paying...re above...Why is so few clubs at the lower leagues doing what we do? I was always one step ahead...
    Do you never read my answers to your posts, it is becoming tiresome the same,same old. Your opinion is from a an armchair at home. I understand you may have difficulties attending matches. Heard of Drakes ducks? you should have I have mentioned them loads of times it is a fallacy that Greaves was never coached, he may have said it. Yo
    u played with out coaching is that why you never played as a professional.

I see that Colkett is out for 3 months so we will need somebody to cover him. I also see that Long is ill- food poisoning. I'm sorry for him but as a professional athlete he doesn't half seem prone to illness, never mind the injuries! How does one get food poisoning when you are on a controlled diet, anyway?.
    So, bare minimum still. No Long, Colkett, Rio or Mcdonald (?). Meaning the only short-term returnee is likely to be Richards. Doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I see that Colkett is out for 3 months so we will need somebody to cover him. I also see that Long is ill- food poisoning. I'm sorry for him but as a professional athlete he doesn't half seem prone to illness, never mind the injuries! How does one get food poisoning when you are on a controlled diet, anyway?.
    So, bare minimum still. No Long, Colkett, Rio or Mcdonald (?). Meaning the only short-term returnee is likely to be Richards. Doesn't bode well.
    The club needs to recruit the correct number of players to cover all events during a long season, penny pinching with the first team budget is becoming tiresome the club never seem to learn their lessons if we can’t afford to run both the academy and the first team with a budget sufficient enough to recruit the right amount of players then we have to change the model, in my mind the first team is 100 times more important than the academy because if the first team loses its professional league status the academy is gone. We need 3 or 4 more in minimum and these need to be quality permanent signings no cheap kids please as that will weaken not strengthen the squad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123