+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ITV's EFL Highlights Programme

Countdown host is a bigger gig than EFL highlights show, could do both though.

He's good on Countdown too, best host they've had for ages, brings a lot more energy to it, Anne Robinson and Nick Hewer just seemed bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Can’t agree more. First and last time I’ll watch!
    They didn't even bother to re edit it for today's repeat

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Countdown host is a bigger gig than EFL highlights show, could do both though.

He's good on Countdown too, best host they've had for ages, brings a lot more energy to it, Anne Robinson and Nick Hewer just seemed bored.

Read somewhere Colin Murray was only standing in on Countdown. Les Dennis is taking over. Can't see ITV4 getting CM back then it's like admitting they got it wrong.

Forget the loyalties tho each and every link now is a clichés. Murray is an excellent footie host. He deserves a gig somewhere. He said on his last show he tried to treat each and every one of the 72 clubs with respect.
    Now we're just getting the same old cliche shyte all the time. How big a win was that? How good a job has he done etc etc.
    I expected worse to be fair. At least they've kept the quest format.

It's a poor program, cliché city

Utter tosh. The set looks like it has been put together by a couple of trainees from B&Q. It's an insult to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Read somewhere Colin Murray was only standing in on Countdown. Les Dennis is taking over. Can't see ITV4 getting CM back then it's like admitting they got it wrong.
    Les Dennis stood in for Murray for a few episodes when he got Covid, and was poor, can't see him getting the gig permanently, Murray has got the job until November at least.

I have to agree. It is quite possibly the worst football highlights programme I have ever seen. Fortunately I have Sky and for Championship games they have little pocket sized 15 minute highlight programmes, each one individual. It shows the key events + interviews with each Manager. On the sky app I can watch the goals for every FL game if I wanted.

What I am surprised at is that anyone is surprised…the itv made a complete mess of it when they had the highlights previously so I wasn’t expecting anything different,apart from the natural progression of a diverse line up of presenters..

Mind you the intro to praise and grumble wasn’t much better..”great day for rotherham United ,but in the second half they wernt very good”…how Andy giddings gets a wage I will never know.mind you it’s the bbc I suppose..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast