+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Swindon match

The Swindon match

The first thing to say was it was incredibly hot. In all the years I've been going to football matches I've never known heat like it. In the first half, I had no option but to sit in full sun, and by half time I was struggling. It was lovely to get into the shade under the Warwick roof for the second half. Even with drink breaks I really don't know how the players managed to run and work as hard as they did, the conditions were way beyond normal.

Random things that struck me about yesterday:

I thought Mellish deserved MOM. McKirdy has a load of talent, he twists and turns, has really good balance, and cultured feet. All things you wouldn't say about Mellish but McKirdy rarely got away from him. Jon has learnt a lot in his time with us and already came with a big heart and a massive work-rate. I'm glad his efforts seem to be starting to be appreciated.

I do like the outdoor zone in the West Stand carpark. It was well used when I went by. Nice to have tables and benches, everything looked clean and people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I chatted with Ian Harte before the match, another one who must have a painting in the attic he hasn't aged at all.

Corey Whelan impresses me. He isn't the first choice for any particular position, never gets a chance to make one position his own. He just quietly gets on with things and plays wherever he's asked to play. With our run of injuries, a player like that is invaluable.

Kristian Dennis stuck another shot away, a lovely player to photograph because he always has a smile on his face, nice to see him enjoying his work.

A nice new banner in the Waterworks End, with a pic of Simmo on it.

Did I say it was hot?!

Thanks for that Bumble.

Excellent pen picture of the day for those of us who couldn't get to the match in person.

I'd never heard that expression "painting in the attic" before. Dorian Gray apparently. I should have read more books.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)