+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do Long, Lowton & Taylor need to book Terrier Taxis?

Do Long, Lowton & Taylor need to book Terrier Taxis?

My entirely reliable "inside" source at Turf Moor tells me Vinny will let these three "veterans" leave on the right terms and conditions.

Alan Nixon thinks so too...

https://motleedsnews.com/transfers/b...n-development/

Long and Lowton, Yes I can see that. They are over 30 and will not be likely get game time, so they are wages resources tied up on for the club. Taylor? We have no backup left back for one thing. In fact he's a loan signing leaving at year end. As a CB which is what we converted Ben Mee into and he did fine Taylor looks to add flexibility and some quality. I don't see why we would want at 28 yrs old to get rid of Taylor at present unless it was for tasty money.

CJ Egan can play left back and centre half. If Leeds or some other EPL club comes up with £10 million - Charlie is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    CJ Egan can play left back and centre half. If Leeds or some other EPL club comes up with £10 million - Charlie is gone.
    On that basis I agree; 10 million and yes he's history as all players have a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    On that basis I agree; 10 million and yes he's history as all players have a price.
    I've mentioned Pete on here many times before, me and him go way back because of footy, he's a rabid mad LUFC fan and Pete is in meltdown right now because he thinks Charlie might go back to Elland Road.

If Charlie wants to live a peaceful life I don't think he should seriously consider going back to Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    No indication of a price on here Dd. https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/po...urnley-player/

I hope Taylor does not leave. Whilst not 100% comfortable as a CB, he does bring experience to the back line. I am for youth but I think Cork and Taylor do bring something and can play in the VK set up. That can’t be said of Barnes who should be moved on now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)