+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ogbene

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I would say no,he touted we should sign Scott Fraser last summer…when I challenged why…he had never seen him play or knew anything about him…he really convinced me.!.

Might have said him but can't find out if he ever existed as a footballer!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    We either buy these young prospects or look elsewhere.Why improve a player for another club's benefit?
    Wasn't barlaser on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    We either buy these young prospects or look elsewhere.Why improve a player for another club's benefit?
    MillerBill, I suppose he could come on loan and whilst with us, or any other player for that matter, we might see the potential and submit an offer to buy?

We’re clearly not a Notts Forest who have just paid Watford £20 million for their player. I dare say I don’t think I’ll ever see a £1 million pound purchase for a player at our club in my lifetime. Like to but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Are you actually saying Stewart won’t pay realistic wages for Championship players? 10 k a week in the Championship is the norm don’t you know.

Both Ogbene and Barlaser are 10k a week players in any championship side.

Will the club react forthwith and pay the going rate or let them both do a Smith and Icky?
    I honestly don't think the club would offer 10k a week when they don't have to and I don't think either would be advised to sign it anyway. The problem with offering 10k a week is over the reduction clause that would be insisted on should we be relegated.Given both their ages there is also the career progression aspect which didn't apply to Smith and Icky as much and so both players will be setting their goals far higher than a return to League 1 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Wasn't barlaser on loan?
    And Frecklington

Yes we get a few loans that we keep but I’d say majority we don’t get a look in

When/if Ogbene gets a chance of bettering himself he’s clearly going to take it but he won’t stab us in the back, he’s always been upfront about moving on

I’d like him to see season out but extending his contract so that we get something out of it, I’ll be amazed if he’s still here next season

He’s not the only one who we will struggle to keep either

Chieo to he's overtook Vaulks as the best player we've had while we've been at the NYS. Seems to be improving as well. Surprised nobody's put a serious bid in for him.

Richard Wood is the best player we've had in that time. His record speaks for itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123