+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clarets v Tigers Match Preview...

Clarets v Tigers Match Preview...

Clarets v Tigers Match Preview.
    Turf Moor, Burnley, BB10 4BX.
    Kick-off 19.45 Tuesday 16th August 2022.

The games come thick and fast in the Championship. Burnley entertain Hull City on the back of a disappointing Friday night single goal defeat at Watford in a game the Clarets did not deserve to lose. Hull City will arrive at Turf Moor on Tuesday night fresh from a 2-1 home win over newly relegated Norwich City and have 7 points accumulated from two home wins and a goalless draw at Deepdale.

Ex-Georgian striker Shota Arveladze is now in charge at the MKM Stadium and has certainly got his Tigers chomping at the bit, 7 points from the opening 3 games is a great return. Vincent Kompany on the other hand will have a serious selection problem on his hands with the likely arrival from VfB Stuttgart of North Macedonian international winger Darko Churhinov. Scoring goals is becoming a matter of concern for Clarets fans everywhere, let’s hope Kompany finds a way to get the Hull net bulging.

One’s to watch: Hull’s highly coveted centre-back Jacob Greaves and new Colombian striker Oscar Estupinan who scored both goals in the Tigers victory over Dean Smith’s Canaries. Burnley’s midfield maestros the two Josh’s Brownhill and Cullen will provide the midfield platform for the Clarets’ victory ambitions.

Verdict: Hard to call is this one. Hull were less than fancied in the close season but have set off the new campaign in tremendous fashion, whilst the Clarets are finding goals a problem. Burnley will benefit from having almost a full day extra to prepare for this Tuesday evening fixture, so I’m predicting a narrow and hard fought 2-1 home win.

Footnote: Clarets fans of a certain age will remember Hull City being the visitors for the last ever game played on the famous “Longside Stand” on 16th September 1995. Burnley won the game 2-1, a result I would not mind the Clarets replicating on Tuesday evening. “We Are the Longside – Burnley!” It’s more than disappointing for a Burnley fan to report at the time of writing arch-rivals Blackburn Rovers top the Championship with 9 points from just 3 games.

Attachment 22360

I wonder how Vinny will line up tomorrow?

Jay Rod over Barnes, Tella for Costelloe and I would go with the Watford line-up.

Muric, Roberts, Harwood-Bellis, Taylor, Maatsen, Cork, Cullen, Brownhill, Vitinho, Tella, Rodriguz.

That's the eleven I'd put out, Vinni no doubt has other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Muric, Roberts, Harwood-Bellis, Taylor, Maatsen, Cork, Cullen, Brownhill, Vitinho, Tella, Rodriguz.

That's the eleven I'd put out, Vinni no doubt has other ideas.
    At least we have choices sinkov and that is refreshing. If we can get Delap on board, Twine fit and Churinhov chomping at the bit we might win a few!

As Sean might have said, we're a work in progress. I'm impressed we are where we are, I thought the first couple of months might be a disaster, but we're doing fine. Barring a tug on Vitinho's shirt, that bloody crossbar and McNally missing a sitter, we would have been comfortable winners at Watford.

As Sean might have said, we're a work in progress. I'm impressed we are where we are, I thought the first couple of months might be a disaster, but we're doing fine. Barring a tug on Vitinho's shirt, that bloody crossbar and McNally missing a sitter, we would have been comfortable winners at Watford.
    It's good to see the Clarets playing on the ball as well as without it. I'm a tad concerned with our left back attacking more than defending but all in all I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's good to see the Clarets playing on the ball as well as without it. I'm a tad concerned with our left back attacking more than defending but all in all I'm impressed.
    Has our keeper had a save to make yet, the two goals apart, neither of which he had much chance with. I can't recall any at Watford or Huddersfield but I didn't see the Luton game.

Has our keeper had a save to make yet, the two goals apart, neither of which he had much chance with. I can't recall any at Watford or Huddersfield but I didn't see the Luton game.
    No he did not make a save at home to Luton sinkov. It's hard to score when the other team keep the ball.

I remember thinking about this a lot when we played Citeh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Clarets v Tigers Match Preview.
    Turf Moor, Burnley, BB10 4BX.
    Kick-off 19.45 Tuesday 16th August 2022.

The games come thick and fast in the Championship. Burnley entertain Hull City on the back of a disappointing Friday night single goal defeat at Watford in a game the Clarets did not deserve to lose. Hull City will arrive at Turf Moor on Tuesday night fresh from a 2-1 home win over newly relegated Norwich City and have 7 points accumulated from two home wins and a goalless draw at Deepdale.

Ex-Georgian striker Shota Arveladze is now in charge at the MKM Stadium and has certainly got his Tigers chomping at the bit, 7 points from the opening 3 games is a great return. Vincent Kompany on the other hand will have a serious selection problem on his hands with the likely arrival from VfB Stuttgart of North Macedonian international winger Darko Churhinov. Scoring goals is becoming a matter of concern for Clarets fans everywhere, let’s hope Kompany finds a way to get the Hull net bulging.

One’s to watch: Hull’s highly coveted centre-back Jacob Greaves and new Colombian striker Oscar Estupinan who scored both goals in the Tigers victory over Dean Smith’s Canaries. Burnley’s midfield maestros the two Josh’s Brownhill and Cullen will provide the midfield platform for the Clarets’ victory ambitions.

Verdict: Hard to call is this one. Hull were less than fancied in the close season but have set off the new campaign in tremendous fashion, whilst the Clarets are finding goals a problem. Burnley will benefit from having almost a full day extra to prepare for this Tuesday evening fixture, so I’m predicting a narrow and hard fought 2-1 home win.

Footnote: Clarets fans of a certain age will remember Hull City being the visitors for the last ever game played on the famous “Longside Stand” on 16th September 1995. Burnley won the game 2-1, a result I would not mind the Clarets replicating on Tuesday evening. “We Are the Longside – Burnley!” It’s more than disappointing for a Burnley fan to report at the time of writing arch-rivals Blackburn Rovers top the Championship with 9 points from just 3 games.

Attachment 22360
    Did this game end up being trouble BT stick in my mind it had relevance to Sheff Utd and they were all in the kop lots of bother kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Did this game end up being trouble BT stick in my mind it had relevance to Sheff Utd and they were all in the kop lots of bother kicked off.
    I had seats in the Vice-President's Lounge back then army88 and I have no recollection of there being any bother. Someone else might be able to tell you though?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)