+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by arabiain View Post
    Think it works both ways to be honest. Defence will likely be much more solid if they have confidence in the keeper. Likewise the keeper will likely be more solid if he has full confidence in his defence. Now as for yesterday. Shocking defending in the first 42 secs to go immediately 1 behind so any reaction that might have come from Thurs shot to pieces straight away. Keeper then for me was at fault for their 2nd and the less said about their 3rd the better. As you said TTT Worrying Times indeed.
    Keeper was no way at fault for the second. It was a belter of a strike that came through about eight players before the keeper has a chance to react.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, I agree. He flogged the third goal but the defending again was piss poor throughout. It's a proper worry too be honest.
    In the short run of highlights seen on TV last night, it was stark how utterly useless our midfield has become. They are a new unit though and were brought together during a hectic schedule. I hope now that they get some time where JR can work with them and hopefully build them up, even if that includes bringing in a DCM.

Edit to say its normally me who is worrying about the results, but i seem to be less concerned than others just now.

keeper looked sus at the goal vs killie, i thought he could have done better but kept my pus shut on here as it was his first game

since then i've felt the same at most goals, he should be doing better. he falls like a wardrobe ffs

hopefully he comes good and comes good fast, if not we're in serious ****e and this has to go down as a complete disaster of a transfer

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Keeper was no way at fault for the second. It was a belter of a strike that came through about eight players before the keeper has a chance to react.
    Yeah, I agree. The defence/midfield on closing the chance down though? Dearie me...

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agree with this as seen many a goal like that over the years . Perhaps the midfield or defender should have been at him as what I saw on 1st goal Harkes let the guy Devlin bust a gut to get forward as he jogged back and Devlin put ball in six yard box for him to score and Edwards in front of goalscorer should blocked ball coming in

I don't normally pick out goalies cause an keeper error usually ends up causing a goal, but he has made a couple of errors and we either get rid or give him a bit more protection. We cant afford to react later in the season. The Q Is how long do we persevere before its too late.

If I’m a manager I am 100% expecting my keeper to save that second goal yesterday, just as I’d have expected him to save the alkmar 2nd goal and Livingston goal. Maybe not a howler like some of the other goals, but if keeper is going to get beat from range any time a decent shot comes in we are toiling. Makes at All the more important to actually stop the shots coming in.

The second goal reminds me of kelham ohanlon, he never had any howlers, instead he was just about always beaten by any shot that could be considered decent. Have a keeper who doesn’t save any decent shot is like having a striker who doesn’t score goals, oh wait...

I seem to have been saying for years that despite change of players & managements we must be one of the easiest teams to play against due to our complete lack of pressing the opposition. We can barely get 2 steps forward anywhere on the pitch before our players are challenged closely. We on the other hand allow teams to stroll out from their penalty area up to the halfway line with no one bothering their arse about it. The continuing complete lack of urgency, tempo & dig does my head in. & its way past time the players took it upon themselves to get things changed. These charlatans cost managers their jobs with their feeble efforts.

Our speed of transition from defence to attack is so slow when we get the ball, alkmar goal was rare exception. It’s been like that since we lost gms, Robertson, Armstrong etc... it’s been a ponderous passing game under likes if Ray McKinnon etc...

Watt can slow it down by hogging the ball, being slow and not attacking the space, but the Aussie left back looked to be getting forward bit yesterday, and with some of the attacking talent we have we should surely be able put something together effectively attacking wise.

My only glimmer of hope is that Seigrist took a few games to become confident in his position after ousting Rakovan. Hopefully Birighitti does the same and comes good..

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)