+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper

Press saying couldnt agree terms, something about a clause stating he had to try his best to keep the ball out the net. He couldnt give that commitment.

Asghar should be paying Birighitti's wages.
    That bad man came close too shutting us down.

TA can't shoulder all the blame... MO could have put his hand in his pocket and got us a loanee keeper for 6 months, and we would have probably stayed in the league! I guess he is now the one paying, though...that genius move has probably wiped a few million off the value of the club!

I am personally happy that he is staying and not getting a chance to play elsewhere.....he won't kick a ball again for us and has made furthering his career as a footballer very difficult. His selfishness and greed will be the end of his career in football....that coupled with being completely p1sh!!!

He will always be remembered as the goalkeeper who f#cked up so hard in a game that he had to get stretchered off!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    TA can't shoulder all the blame... MO could have put his hand in his pocket and got us a loanee keeper for 6 months, and we would have probably stayed in the league! I guess he is now the one paying, though...that genius move has probably wiped a few million off the value of the club!

I am personally happy that he is staying and not getting a chance to play elsewhere.....he won't kick a ball again for us and has made furthering his career as a footballer very difficult. His selfishness and greed will be the end of his career in football....that coupled with being completely p1sh!!!

He will always be remembered as the goalkeeper who f#cked up so hard in a game that he had to get stretchered off!
    And "liking" his team getting pumped on social media. (with pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post

TA and Birighitti were the main culprits for our relegation.

I hope we get some money back on the wage but that seems unlikely now

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

I hope we get some money back on the wage but that seems unlikely now
    The fact we didn't sign anyone in January was not down to TA.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The fact we didn't sign anyone in January was not down to TA.
    Yip...January sits 100% at the owners door! We cannot forget that, with another window closing that we appear to have been a bit light in and before we get another January window where we will have the opportunity to strengthen. Let's hope that lesson have truly been learnt!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Why was he played continually throughout last season?

Foxy could have played my Granny and got a better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Why was he played continually throughout last season?

Foxy could have played my Granny and got a better performance.
    Yes, why did we stick with him?
    Jack Newman made his debut by coming on for him in the St Johnstone game.
    The next game was Ross County away and we lost 4-0 with Newman in the goal. And despite the bad loss I dont think he flogged any.
    Then it was back to Birighitti for the rest of the season.
    Had we kept Newman in goal we might have avoided the drop?

The only alternative, and the one that wouldve almost guaranteed our safety, was buying, or loaning in, an experienced stopper in January. Something the owner refused to sanction.

TA got us in this mess. MO refused to pull us out of it

Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)