+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huns, Dees and sheep sh@ggers

Huns, Dees and sheep sh@ggers

Board is plagued by them and starting to rattle my bars. Think it's time to take a break from here if we have to put up with this patter.

If you can’t chat nicely then perhaps a break would do you good. Fans of other clubs like to chat about this particular club and it is a sign of a problem when you can’t be nice for whatever reasons. See you when you have sorted out those rattling bars, you have in the past contributed some good content so hope it isn’t too long a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    If you can’t chat nicely then perhaps a break would do you good. Fans of other clubs like to chat about this particular club and it is a sign of a problem when you can’t be nice for whatever reasons. See you when you have sorted out those rattling bars, you have in the past contributed some good content so hope it isn’t too long a break.
    The point he is making Teddy, and perhaps not directed at you, but if we post on the Dundee or Aberdeen boards following a defeat, or to be honest just post a derogatory comment on those board, we are immediately barred (and I believe this is now a global ban, not just a site ban), yet on our board, we are a bit more tolerant. That’s fine, but p!sses many fans off, as obviously it’s a one sided affair! I agree with ADS, if others will ban us for posting on their sites, we should do the same, que sera sera!!

Let them have their fame, it must be horrible being one of them, most of their self gratifying comments usually come back to haunt them. Its usually becomes ammo for us when things go tits up. fk them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    Let them have their fame, it must be horrible being one of them, most of their self gratifying comments usually come back to haunt them. Its usually becomes ammo for us when things go tits up. fk them all.
    Surely that's what the forums are about take the good with the bad... don't agree with bans unless someone is being personal or abusive..like you say most people's posts will come back and haunt them at one time or another

Unnecessary and obvious trolling will also result in a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Board is plagued by them and starting to rattle my bars. Think it's time to take a break from here if we have to put up with this patter.
    Teddy Bear annoys me more than most of the banter brigade from other club's fans. His patronising claptrap really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    go and chill man there is no way with the quality of squad and a manager of jacks experience that united will finish any lower than 5th this season ,might take a few more weeks before they click but they will.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Surely that's what the forums are about take the good with the bad... don't agree with bans unless someone is being personal or abusive..like you say most people's posts will come back and haunt them at one time or another
    Agree to a point, there's a difference between being thick skinned for example someone like yourself who does post regularly and gives and takes, and being thick and woolly.
    🐑 🐑🐑 coming on to post and gloat when they have nothing to cheer about themselves seems mad

Is it just me or do some celebrate our losses like they've won a trophy because their own club can't

A blanket ban would be counter-productive I fear and would expose us to all manner of criticisms. Also we cannot expect agreement all the time, especially when we sometimes have big disagreements amongst ourselves.

From the various exchanges it appears Edward is either 1) a very condescending character, or 2) someone who is overdoing the niceties in order to be accepted and therefore comes across as condescending to some?

I give Edward the benefit of the doubt until I am convinced otherwise. I also keep the third option in mind. He is a potential Shed pupating from a Hun Chrysalis.

My view is to extend tolerance in a welcoming way, but to remain vigilant for ulterior signs and motives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)