+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watkins

Watkins

Rumours he might be leaving. I hope not. I thought he played well yesterday will two assists. Ok not everyones cup of tea but still has the potential to improve and judging from the 1st game of the season he was dearly missed. The ings Watkins parnership could be a very decent one this season.
    Even if we sign a new striker hes still good on the left or right of a front 3. I think his work rate is underestimated and he looks more composed and confident this year. Last year nothing went right for him but this is his 3rd season in this league and is becoming an experienced player.
    Lets hope Gerrard isnt pissing all the players off. I would rather Gerrard leaves before Watkins.

A good solid wide player with an eye for goal. Very much an instinctive player. Not a natural striker, especially 1-on-1s. Touch, like a baby elephant.

Can’t see a better team than us being all that interested in him. I could be wrong, I frequently am, so there you go.

It appears to be the managers' discipline, application, and effort that some players have issues with.

Fk em, 100k+ a week, says you run till the boss says stop.

I would not be surprised to see Arsenal or Chelsea come a knocking closure to the window closure?

Chelsea has bigger and better fish to fry. Arse doesn't need him now. The Fee will be too high for a backup striker.

But hey, no tears if he goes.

Bongos right the amount of work he gets through is vastly underestimated and two assists in any game is outstanding. Can’t believe the keyboard fans slating him for a poor finish. Valuable member of the team.

I do not want him to leave but today the success is measured in pounds and dollars , if a 55mill bid came in, he will be gone. Some one remind me how it works, renumeration or something, 30 million devided by his 5 year contract reduces each by 6 million a year, so his running worth to villa is around 20 mill, so 35 mill profit.....or have I got that completely wrong, where's freer when you need him!

Spot on Oz, Heskey didn't score many in a season but was highly rated by those he played alongside.

TD - it's player amortisation you're thinking of where the fee is divided by the number of years on the contract?

I see him as a wide-man, not a striker. The man himself seems to share this opinion, judging by his own SM posts showing the extra finishing practice that he put in this summer.

He's an instinctive player, who plays on the edge. 1-on-1s give him too much time to think about missing.

I like him, hope he stays, but won't shed a tear if he goes.

TD - it's player amortisation you're thinking of where the fee is divided by the number of years on the contract?[/QUOTE]
    Thanks WCV

I’d be shocked and appalled if we sold him. Would just leave Ings and Archer which makes little sense. We need to keep building the squad depth otherwise as a team where the hell are we going and what’s the plan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)