+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There were some impatient nerds complaining in the Chronicle that we were to slow

There were some impatient nerds complaining in the Chronicle that we were to slow

with transfers. I put up the following post in reply.

Just be patient and be thankful that we aren't where we were this time last year. Just think back and thank your lucky stars that Fatso owner and Fatso manager are just bad tastes from the past never to rear their ugly heads again. This organisation is going somewhere but it will be steady and sure and they won't be blackmailed into bidding wars. Look at the transfers which have come in and the difference in standard to the squad E.H inherited. Be patient and let the experts make the important decisions.

Next time I looked ten minutes later it had been blocked saying "Content deactivated- Why?"

I pressed the why button and it read "Your comment appears to violate our community guidelines and has been deactivated."

I changed my comments to "Just be patient and be thankful that we aren't where we were this time last year. Just think back and thank your lucky stars that we have new owners and a new manager . This organisation is going somewhere but it will be steady and sure and they won't be blackmailed into bidding wars. Look at the transfers which have come in and the difference in standard to the squad E.H inherited. Be patient and let the experts make the important decisions."

And up to now it appears to have stuck.

Except that trolls don't read. They can but they don't. Even if they do, they cannot understand.

They are pretty handy on the keyboard though....

... just not so good with the brain

These are the same people who thought we’d be signing Messi, Mbape, etc. this season.
    Embarrassing and have little idea about football.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    These are the same people who thought we’d be signing Messi, Mbape, etc. this season.
    Embarrassing and have little idea about football.
    Playing too much FIFA, FM and think it's real life.

Why its more difficult is well known. We don't have European football yet we compete for the calibre of players with teams who can offer European competition.

Moreover, Eddie's job for the 2nd half of last season was survival. Finishing mid table brought plans forward so the plan needed to be redrawn.

The new sponsorship deals where planned for next summer. They board worked to try bring it forward, get rid of Castore and Fun99. Sadly it wasn't realistic obviously to terminate contract would look bad for the club alongside the financial cost.

Not getting Ekiteke was a major spanner in the works.

So we are ahead of time. I know everyone is starved and excited, want it now. We've suffered for 14 yrz one more season with a great manager and the quality additions we already have mean we are in thr mix for 8th place, which is definitely progress.

The regime change has seen Dan Ashworth and Mr Eales come in. The entire business side of the club is being rebuilt from the ground up.

Can't get to the top in one window. We have sorted the defence and goal keeper out. Bruno and J7 are forming a quality partnership in midfield.

With the right winger and striker brought in we'll solidify our position.

Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    with transfers. I put up the following post in reply.

Just be patient and be thankful that we aren't where we were this time last year. Just think back and thank your lucky stars that Fatso owner and Fatso manager are just bad tastes from the past never to rear their ugly heads again. This organisation is going somewhere but it will be steady and sure and they won't be blackmailed into bidding wars. Look at the transfers which have come in and the difference in standard to the squad E.H inherited. Be patient and let the experts make the important decisions.

Next time I looked ten minutes later it had been blocked saying "Content deactivated- Why?"

I pressed the why button and it read "Your comment appears to violate our community guidelines and has been deactivated."

I changed my comments to "Just be patient and be thankful that we aren't where we were this time last year. Just think back and thank your lucky stars that we have new owners and a new manager . This organisation is going somewhere but it will be steady and sure and they won't be blackmailed into bidding wars. Look at the transfers which have come in and the difference in standard to the squad E.H inherited. Be patient and let the experts make the important decisions."

And up to now it appears to have stuck.
    Probably because you used the word "Fatso" Pat, a sense of humour isn't permitted these days.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)