+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shirt or No Shirt, Millers v Reading Yesterday / Catering Yesterday

Shirt or No Shirt, Millers v Reading Yesterday / Catering Yesterday

Quite a few supporters took their shirts off at yesterday's game, stewards behind the north stand
    came round telling people to put their shirts back on, I had my shirt off, a steward came to me &
    said put your shirt.
    I replied show the rules where I am not allowed to take off my shirt, then I will put it back on, adding
    if you remove me from the stadium, I will be straight on to EFL safety inspector of grounds.
    [I have dealt with the EFL safety officer in the past, after a Millers game at Burton Albion].
    Anyway the steward went away, like the other stewards talking to supporters, with some supporters
    carrying on with shirts removed.
    No reason was given by the stewards to supporters putting back on their shirts.

Catering - Went for a couple of small bottles of water to kiosk, charged £5 for the 2 bottles, when I
    got back to my seat in the stand, we opened bottles of water to find the water was warm, so took them
    back, jumping the queue with other supporters permission, told them I wasn't paying for warm water, so
    they gave me my £5 back.
    Took note they were putting fresh bottles of water into the cooler, then taking them out straight away to
    sell to supporters.

ELK they have no right at all to tell you to put your shirt back on. Who thought of this pathetic clause?

Someone at the club needs to explain the ‘woke’ rule for this.
    Last edited by Brin; 14-08-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Now I know what my Mum and Dad were on about when they used the phrase "cantankerous old git"

Who wants to look at topless old men when they are out for a day's football?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Now I know what my Mum and Dad were on about when they used the phrase "cantankerous old git"

Some ‘great tits’ on show for the ornithologists 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

A young lady a row below me said, Lovely Tan where you got that from

I went through the west stand turnstiles with a litre of water in my hand yesterday that I’d just bought from the petrol station at masborough.
    I think they were just using a bit of common sense because of the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I went through the west stand turnstiles with a litre of water in my hand yesterday that I’d just bought from the petrol station at masborough.
    I think they were just using a bit of common sense because of the heat.
    But did you have your shirt on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Quite a few supporters took their shirts off at yesterday's game, stewards behind the north stand
    came round telling people to put their shirts back on, I had my shirt off, a steward came to me &
    said put your shirt.
    I replied show the rules where I am not allowed to take off my shirt, then I will put it back on, adding
    if you remove me from the stadium, I will be straight on to EFL safety inspector of grounds.
    [I have dealt with the EFL safety officer in the past, after a Millers game at Burton Albion].
    Anyway the steward went away, like the other stewards talking to supporters, with some supporters
    carrying on with shirts removed.
    No reason was given by the stewards to supporters putting back on their shirts.

Catering - Went for a couple of small bottles of water to kiosk, charged £5 for the 2 bottles, when I
    got back to my seat in the stand, we opened bottles of water to find the water was warm, so took them
    back, jumping the queue with other supporters permission, told them I wasn't paying for warm water, so
    they gave me my £5 back.
    Took note they were putting fresh bottles of water into the cooler, then taking them out straight away to
    sell to supporters.
    Eric.. do you think a contributory factor in the stewards' response may have been that you also took your trousers off?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Eric.. do you think a contributory factor in the stewards' response may have been that you also took your trousers off?
    I didn't have trousers on, I had shorts on, stewards not accusing me of being Cocky

Nowt wrong with taking your shirt off (unless there’s a snowflake about, maybe there was) but ffs use deodorant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast