+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Delap

Liam Delap

According to the rumours, we're in for him on loan and its between us and Burnley.

Burnley have the Kompany link, so maybe they're ahead of us. But we are in dire need of a striker and they want him to get minutes, so who knows. But Pep has confirmed over the weekend he is being loaned out.

If this happens, it will be an unbelievable loan in my view. He's probably the best youth striker in Europe and very highly thought of at Man City. And if he's clinical, there's no doubt he'll get chances and score goals for us.

Got my fingers crossed this one happens. Would be an exciting one.
    Last edited by WBA123; 15-08-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Would love this to happen and we definitely need at least one striker. However, not sure anyone would want to loan their young players to us with Bruce in charge!

We will see, really hope we don't end up with older players that won't bring anything to our team (Hugill etc)!

I still don't understand why Cleary wasn't in the squad on Sunday Vs Blackburn, surely a better attacking option plus on a high from playing against Sheff Utd.

Stand by for 34 year old Lewis Grabban, if he is shown holding up the shirt then Bruce deserves everything that’s coming to him in spades

You’re the Man City hierarchy and you have a choice to make as to where young Delap goes.

He can go to West Brom and be managed by a dinosaur of a manager who played hundreds of matches and captained your bitter local rivals Man Utd.

Alternatively, he can go and by managed by a forward thinking young manager who is a legend and former captain of your club!

Mmmm.......tough one is that! 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You’re the Man City hierarchy and you have a choice to make as to where young Delap goes.

He can go to West Brom and be managed by a dinosaur of a manager who played hundreds of matches and captained your bitter local rivals Man Utd.

Alternatively, he can go and by managed by a forward thinking young manager who is a legend and former captain of your club!

Mmmm.......tough one is that! ��
    On the flip side, I don't know much about Burnley's striker options, but they can't be worse than ours.

He'll definitely get game time with us, and we do create chances. And Kompany is an inexperienced manager.

So it wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

Southampton and Stoke also in for him, but us and Burnley favourites according to the rumours.

I really cannot see him coming to us but then again, I didn’t think that Wallace would come to us. Life has its surprises, sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Mmmm.......tough one is that! ��
    I remember Pep and Kompany....not always on the best of terms so who knows....don't try and kill the hope Mick.....

Apparently, Burnley have dropped out of the pursuit for Delap but Stoke are also interested. Could be bad news for us as his dad, Rory, is coach at Stoke.

And apparently Pep is an admirer of Bruce, so we could be in with a shout after all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)