+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T It's feearst week

O/T It's feearst week

What did you used to do , Blacky , Brid and Skeggy were popular for an holiday, we couldn't afford any of them treats ! So New St Car park was our beach ! Laikin Cricket/Football /Rarnders dawn till dusk unless bobby came rarnd corner of Co-op n Ring O bells swishing his Cape , wid runnoff ooham , he freetund all onnuz , no lippin back in them day's !

Allus Blacky.

Tekken eleven years on trot between age 3 to 14. All Aunties/ Uncles/ relations went to a stretch of booardin 'arses on Bairstow St, near Central Pier. Body weshes in sink in bedroom. No lah de dah showers in them days. Three meals a day, often ham salad at dinnertime. Cruet included. Tha couldn't walk ten yards wiart seeing sumdi frum Tarn, often mining mates of mi Dad. Hung ararnd pub steps at neet wi other kids as adults supped inside.

We wo poor, not as poor as Roma,............. but,....... ready forrit,......... we wo happy.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-08-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Ad ony been ont Club trips to Blacky , either wi Trades Hall or Liberal Clubs , a rememba gooin ont train from Coorthouse wunce , wennit went thru a tunnel n dark, this lass put mi hand darn her clarts " have you felt wun of these afoor she sed ?" arr wenna missed a penalty fo Holy Rood ageeunst horrible Aggy Rooardas ! A bag of crisps bottul pop + hafe a crarn , a badge wi stringon so tha dint get lost and weer tha wa frum fastund thru mi skooal blazer luvved it , nivva saw that lass ageeun , they moved orr ta West , affluent part of tarn dodeth!! too posh forrus barebooarners !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ad ony been ont Club trips to Blacky , either wi Trades Hall or Liberal Clubs , a rememba gooin ont train from Coorthouse wunce , wennit went thru a tunnel n dark, this lass put mi hand darn her clarts " have you felt wun of these afoor she sed ?" arr wenna missed a penalty fo Holy Rood ageeunst horrible Aggy Rooardas ! A bag of crisps bottul pop + hafe a crarn , a badge wi stringon so tha dint get lost and weer tha wa frum fastund thru mi skooal blazer luvved it , nivva saw that lass ageeun , they moved orr ta West , affluent part of tarn dodeth!! too posh forrus barebooarners !
    Tha must've left a lasting impression on that lass!

That lass is now called Julie Anne Quay. Moved to Australia after that traumatic day on the train. Last I heard she wo back in Tarn doing fashion stuff and summat else.

Two weeks in Brid , same guesthouse and all the family on my mams side came , my grandparents , aunt's , uncles and cousins , about twenty of us .

We used to book three of them chalets on the front , same ones every year , little stove in it for making tea .I can see my grandad nar with his trendy trilby hat on and a pair of binoculars looking out to sea sat on his deck chair .

Mi grandma took us kids on the Bridlington Belle which used to sail up to Flamborough and back .

Great family times and I've got all the old photos that were taken back then , most of em in black n white and all dated which year it was , starts about 1965 when I was three , priceless they are .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That lass is now called Julie Anne Quay. Moved to Australia after that traumatic day on the train. Last I heard she wo back in Tarn doing fashion stuff and summat else.

beauty!