+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Brereton - Get him

Surely of the c.170m we get from tv rights that some of that could go to investing in a couple of players beyond the money we brought in for Rapha and KP?
    Maybe they installed gold taps at Thorpe Arch and have lobster and caviar on the menu all the time or maybe someone left the floodlights on for a month and the energy bill used up all the transfer kitty 🙃😎

I'm no financial expert....

However, it's safe to say that this is a case of "you have to spend money to make money". No striker or LB and you risk relegation and no chance of any eurpoean football or progressing to a higher table position next year.

Both are critical but striker is the higher profile failure. we will be lucky to get 20 games out of Bamford this year. he's fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    I agree with you Rev, read an article lastnight about if we want another player in then we have to ship one out. According to Transfermrkt website we are 2 mil in profit from the sale of 3 players this season.

Sometimes It feels like smoke and mirrors where we bid with no intention of bringing said player in. Hope I'm wrong but it's annoying because we know where we have to strengthen.
    Drives you bonkers fred every man and his dog knows we have needed another striker before last season started never mind this one!

And yet here we are again....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Drives you bonkers fred every man and his dog knows we have needed another striker before last season started never mind this one!

And yet here we are again....
    You know my take on buying anyone else this window Rev, every supporter knows that we desperately need a proven left back - Charlie Taylor, Every supporter knows we need a proven striker - who isnt afraid to fight for his place in the team - any from about ten!! but as i've said a dozen times the board isn't "every fan" and having spent the money they made on Kalvin and Rapha [Who where shamelessly shifted out - no matter what others seem to think] to get big Jesse his preffered players in .... they where never going to spend any of their own cash or the TV money, A week of so ago they will have thought Firpo should be back in a couple of weeks, and young Struijk can do a passable impression of a left back, and up front well, Bamford is looking fit again as is Joffy - and Rodrigo has a new lease of life - so who needs to bring in anyone else eh...

Cancel them trips abroad Victor ---

I'm sounding like the Scrooge who isn't going to show his ugly mug on here till Christmas I know, but hey ho...

There's more chance of WTF keeping his promise and staying away until Xmas than there is of us buying anyone else this window.

ps - It is a slight possibility that we MIGHT just get someone in on loan....

That is what I was thinking Hopey, what has happened with the TV rights money. I fully understand that we have given pay raises to the players and have a higher wage bill. But the TV money isn't our only source of income, I wonder how much we get from the other incomes, sponsorship, gate, etc.

I'm no financial expert either Spaldy and agree that we won't be seeing much of Bamford either.

Every season mate, I went through every Transfer in and out of the club since 1950's when a friend I use to drink with, his Dad played for Leeds, Bobby Forest. Unfortunately his son Steve passed away before we got back up.

There was some poor reading in them transfers especially during Bates' reign. But it does seem like we are linked with players we will never get. 90% of them I just put down to the gash media trying to get clicks, though some seem staged managed to apease the fanbase. "Look we are in for" and knowing full well we aren't going to get them.

Positive point though, we have 4 points on the board and some of the new signings look good and the more we play together the better they will become.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    That is what I was thinking Hopey, what has happened with the TV rights money. I fully understand that we have given pay raises to the players and have a higher wage bill. But the TV money isn't our only source of income, I wonder how much we get from the other incomes, sponsorship, gate, etc.

I'm no financial expert either Spaldy and agree that we won't be seeing much of Bamford either.

Every season mate, I went through every Transfer in and out of the club since 1950's when a friend I use to drink with, his Dad played for Leeds, Bobby Forest. Unfortunately his son Steve passed away before we got back up.

There was some poor reading in them transfers especially during Bates' reign. But it does seem like we are linked with players we will never get. 90% of them I just put down to the gash media trying to get clicks, though some seem staged managed to apease the fanbase. "Look we are in for" and knowing full well we aren't going to get them.

Positive point though, we have 4 points on the board and some of the new signings look good and the more we play together the better they will become.
    Yep seems about right - not sure, much as I liked Ian Harte (though I could run faster backwards than he could forwards), we have had a top quality LB since Dorigo - though I take the point about Charlie Taylor Tichi makes.

For all the strikers we kept signing under DOL and Sweet shop Peter we didn’t bring in a decent LB.

Brentford seem to handle recruitment well and bring players in where there are weaknesses far better than we do

fred,

I think the same on the signings. what's even better is that we have some players coming back from injury. The depressing thing is that when you don't have first team players for a position you end up playing fill in's that don't develop at the fill in spot and don't develop at their true position. As much as I like Strujuk he's no left back. The failure on the left back is even more odd given that there are several proven players available that would not break the bank.

agree on the bees they do a good job.

Even for one moment assuming Firpo has a stellar season it is still a risk to have just one recognised player in that position and given his injury record possibly a little ‘brave’.

We have good depth in a lot of other areas but that one makes no sense not does given the importance of goals having no back up to Bambi.

Brighton and West Ham both signed players today who can play lb, so they were available.

Lots of LB available if we want to sign one from a lot of different price and age ranges.

We are also supposed to keep a short list of 5 players in each position to monitor in case we need to sign someone.

If we truly wanted to sign someone then I am sure we could get it across the line.

Just hope it doesn’t bite us if we don’t.

Lad from Rennes Truffert looks perfect for our profile - he is about 20 talented and looks set for the top of the game. Similarly, lots in Holland and Germany of the up and coming bracket - Calghaliou (will have for the spelling wrong), Netz, Katterbach etc.

Could have signed Wjindhal last year for a fraction of what he is now worth - need someone like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)