+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Brereton - Get him

Ben Brereton - Get him

Time to stop muckin about. We need a striker and he won’t break the bank

I believe the proper UK response would be "Hear Hear!"

can't believe how much we are playing with fire on the striker issue.... especially after what happened to us last year. we were relegated if not for another team doing the dirty work on Burnley to keep us up.

Really strange. Especially how good Rodrigo is doing. He'd only be better with a true striker taking defenders with them. Our midfield is doing the business this year. Just need a poacher to finish it.

16 days of this transfer window left folks.....

we're buying no-one...

Brereton would be overpriced, I really want us to get a striker but i also don't want us to blow 20m+ on someone who is a temporary fix as this will impact us going forward

We really need to buy someone in secret, cos once other clubs get wind of it and up the bid by a fiver, we just can’t complete.
    Sort of like the little alleyway off high st. or the bench in the park beside the duck pond.

20 million is a lot.

However, you do wonder what the difference in money to the club is if you win 5-7 more games in a season.

safe to say that's the spread for us if we go into this year with no true striker. Don't even have to mention how much money you can make on a player that goes big time such Raph or KP. Not unreasonable to think he'd go for 40+ million if he scored 15-25 goals over a couple of years and could take free kicks.

the other factor is the fan enjoyment factor. Last year was so hard because we didn't have anyone that could consistent score up front.

The consequences of relegation will be far more than 20m - starting to feel like we have forgotten the fail to invest prepare to fail lesson.

Squad if so obviously short at LB and ST and has been for a while even with Firpo fully fit.

His injury record doesn’t seem great either.

I don't know the ins and outs of the money side of things regarding the profit/losses but from the outside looking in it feels like the KP/Raph money were put aside for this transfer window and with that now seemingly blown that is us done...hence no LB/CF and another gamble ahead for this season.

I could be wrong.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs of the money side of things regarding the profit/losses but from the outside looking in it feels like the KP/Raph money were put aside for this transfer window and with that now seemingly blown that is us done...hence no LB/CF and another gamble ahead for this season.

I could be wrong.........
    I agree with you Rev, read an article lastnight about if we want another player in then we have to ship one out. According to Transfermrkt website we are 2 mil in profit from the sale of 3 players this season.

Sometimes It feels like smoke and mirrors where we bid with no intention of bringing said player in. Hope I'm wrong but it's annoying because we know where we have to strengthen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)