+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal British Legion Poppy pin badges

Maybe all the folks who didn't like the players taking the knee because of opposition to virtue signalling have decided not to be hypocrites and asked the club not to do other forms of virtue signalling such as poppies.

John2 do you ever post anything about football?

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    John2 do you ever post anything about football?
    School holidays 😆

It doesn't excuse the non response/reply from the club but I would imagine that the lead times for orders would mean that the pins shown would have needed to have been ordered some time ago. Might not be time now, even if they tried, to get them in time.

Tbh I’m very surprised Coakley hasn’t replied, that’s not him, maybe he hasn’t seen it yet

An update on this and it is good news. I spent some time at the stadium yesterday and got to talk to Steve.

The club have been trying tremendously hard since the end of last season to get this in place. The contacts they were provided with were no longer in place making it very difficult to sort the issue. Countless attempts have been made to get this resolved not only for the good name of the club but, to support what is a great cause that should never be forgotten.

Contact is now firmly established with the right people and office and it has all been finalised so the club ARE committed to the cause and always have been. It has been a very difficult exercise in making the right contact and finalising everything. Apologies from the club for not keeping fans better informed but rest assured it is all now in place.

Excellent

NB. Furthermore, although it was difficult getting in and signing the contract, it is to be noted that this is a rolling contract so doesn't need addressing annually. Once your'e in you're in, UTM/Royal British Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thanks for the link. I’ve just requested them to notify me when they are available. I’ll be buying 2 for me and my wife.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast