+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life is just passing the time

Life is just passing the time

until we die. Whether we love hang gliding, going on holiday or even going to work we are just filling in time before we are gone and forgotten.
    Ever thought what the places we know will be like 100 years after we die? How about a thousand years? Let's make it a million years. A million years is a drop in the ocean compared to infinity.
    The truth is we live strive, cry and die and never know the reason why we're here at all. Perhaps we are not meant to know.
    When we have gone another species of animal will rule the planet, let's hope they make a better job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    until we die. Whether we love hang gliding, going on holiday or even going to work we are just filling in time before we are gone and forgotten.
    Ever thought what the places we know will be like 100 years after we die? How about a thousand years? Let's make it a million years. A million years is a drop in the ocean compared to infinity.
    The truth is we live strive, cry and die and never know the reason why we're here at all. Perhaps we are not meant to know.
    When we have gone another species of animal will rule the planet, let's hope they make a better job of it.
    Blimey 55 I was hoping not to have to read anymore about the likes of Livermore as it is so depressing and then you drop this one on us! Not sure which is worse.

Can you imagine in a few thousand years time and the archeologists coming sniffing around Oldbury? When they discover some outline of my street they will conclude that Oldbury was once an advanced civilisation.

Now I’m nearly 61 I look at all the bright young things, the fit and attractive youngsters who think the world ls their lobster and remind myself that 100 years from now that they’ll all be as dead as me.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Now I’m nearly 61 I look at all the bright young things, the fit and attractive youngsters who think the world ls their lobster and remind myself that 100 years from now that they’ll all be as dead as me.
    That's my point exactly. Life is just a blink of the eye.

We're here, in Natures rich tapestry, to procreate. That's it. To pass the strongest genes on to the next generation. Trouble is, we have an inquisitive brain, which gives us both intelligence, and advancement, but also gives us the capacity to over think things.

Quote Originally Posted by Titchfieldbaggie View Post
    We're here, in Natures rich tapestry, to procreate. That's it. To pass the strongest genes on to the next generation. Trouble is, we have an inquisitive brain, which gives us both intelligence, and advancement, but also gives us the capacity to over think things.
    Spot on, and some people have an obsession with the next life instead of enjoying this one.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post

As Sir Tom said - enjoy every day as tomorrow might not come! Positivity ensures you live longer but sadly Livermore has taken a few years off my life!

If you honestly believe you only have one life then go nuts if you want.
    Of course there is no evidence that you are correct.
    But very few people have an open mind on the subject so best to keep moving....🤣🤣
    Bye bye....👋👋👋🖐️

You only have one life as you. Mother Theresa isn't sitting in a nice garden somewhere any more than Hitler is roasting in hell.
    Living and dying are part of nature.
    Seasons don't fear the reaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)